Social Media Manager - Latinx Content
New York, NY /
Office of Senior Vice President, Communications & Culture (CNC) – Content Innovation /
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood is the nation’s leading provider and advocate of high-quality, affordable sexual and reproductive health care for all people, as well as the nation’s largest provider of sex education. With more than 600 health centers across the country, Planned Parenthood organizations serve all patients with care and compassion, with respect, and without judgment, striving to create equitable access to health care. Through health centers, programs in schools and communities, and online resources, Planned Parenthood is a trusted source of reliable education and information that allows people to make informed health decisions. We do all this because we care passionately about helping people lead healthier lives.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is a 501(c)(3) charitable organization that supports the independently incorporated Planned Parenthood affiliates operating health centers across the U.S. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is an independent, nonpartisan, not-for-profit membership organization formed as the advocacy and political arm of Planned Parenthood Federation of America. The Action Fund engages in educational, advocacy, and electoral activity, including grassroots organizing, legislative advocacy, and voter education.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seek a Social Media Manager for our Spanish-language channels to join the Social Media team and oversee our Spanish-language content strategy. This job reports to the Senior Director of Social Media in the Content Innovation department within the Communications and Culture division of PPFA. The Content Innovation department shapes how Planned Parenthood is presented to the world through digital content and campaigns within our owned channels and emerging platforms.
● Lead the larger digital team in developing and executing newly developed programmatic content across channels that speak to Spanish-language audiences.
● Responsible for continuing to develop and drive social media content on the existing pages, extend our reach onto new and emerging channels and assist with the strategy and creation of our overall health and advocacy Spanish-language work.
● Creatively and proactively engage social media community members. Identify and engage influencers and ''super advocates."
● Understand and analyze the news and political environment and ensure that Planned Parenthood is keeping up with rapidly shifting online discussions and traditional media and political cycles, while constantly looking for opportunities for supporter engagement.
● Ensure that Planned Parenthood is keeping up with shifting online discussions, current events, and media, and coordinating with the media team to respond in social media spaces
● Serve as a liaison between the creative leads and digital team to ensure brand consistency, social media best practices, and the latest channel capabilities are kept in mind while developing content for Spanish-language accounts.
● Partner with the Senior Director of Social Media to integrate new and emerging content strategies into the overarching advocacy social media strategy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs):
● Broad experience managing social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, and YouTube.
● 3-5 years of substantive digital and social media experience for a brand/organization or expertise in developing content for a Latinx audience preferred
● Spanish as a first language ((speak, read, and write) with fluency in English is required
● Strong reading comprehension and written communication skills in both English and Spanish
● Experience directly managing various social media handles: building and developing audiences, running message testing campaigns, and paid content boosting.
● Highly creative with experience identifying target audiences and devising social media campaigns that engage, inform, and motivate.
● Adept at developing and implementing online content for non-profit advocacy organizations or national organizing campaigns.
● Knowledge of social media listening, social media management, and analytics tools.
● Ability to handle multiple priority projects simultaneously and meet established deadlines.
● Ability to gain buy-in from multiple parties in a collaborative environment.
● Project management skills.
● Proven record of accomplishment of meeting deadlines and deliverables.
● Experience with online advocacy and political campaigns, especially rapid response.
● Thrives in a campaign-style environment with rapid-fire deadlines and responses.
● Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
Salary range: $78,000-$82,000
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt-in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All roles that are denoted as NYC, DC, or both will be on a hybrid schedule, requiring 2-3 days per week in the office.