2020 Summer Intern- Information Security, Project Management
New York, NY
Operations – Information Security
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood believes everyone should have access to the information and services they need to make informed, empowered decisions about their health. To accomplish this, we’re growing our (already) great teams to make them even greater. The greater you are, the greater we become, the greater the things we can accomplish together. The Information Technology group is working hard to make this happen, and we need dedicated, smart individuals to help us do it. Our goal is to enable teams across the national and affiliate levels do great things by providing best in breed shared services, federation-wide. So come help us care, no matter what.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Summer Intern Project Manager to assist in the Information Security department. As an intern with the Information Security team, will introduce you to security project management, a key component to coordinating the implementation, maintenance, and enhancement of information systems, security programs, policies, procedures and tools to safeguard the security, confidentiality, integrity privacy and availability of systems, networks, and data. You will learn strong organization, project management, communication, and analysis skills. As an Intern with the Information Security Program Management Team, you will be mentored by an Information Security Program or Project Manager.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support complex security projects and other strategic security initiatives.
- Drive or assist with security projects to address current and potential security threats and risks while delivering key security requirements, and adherence to security policies and procedures.
- Use standard project management frameworks and methodologies, analysis of key metrics, and provide recommendations with a focus on developing repeatable, scalable, efficient and effective processes.
- Ensure all entities are aware of their responsibilities and expected outcome of security projects.
- Captures and regularly reports progress and status to leadership.
- Stay knowledgeable about current security technologies, news and events and how they impact the security policies, procedures and portfolio.
- Current college/university undergraduate or graduate student, or new grad (completed degree within the last 6 months).
- Interest in project management methodologies, practices and tools.
- Interest in developing and managing detailed project plans by coordinating with technical teams and multiple stakeholders to deliver projects.
- Interest or experience with various security methodologies, processes, and technical security solutions such as email gateway, endpoint protection, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, security information and event management, or network threat intelligence, is a plus.
- Interest in learning to translate technical information into easily understandable information for non-technical audiences.
- Interest in learning how to work with distributed technical and operational teams and developing strong meeting management, relationship building and negotiating skills; and gaining experience building rapport with diverse stakeholders.
- Interest in obtaining a Project Management Professional Certification (PMP) in the future.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.