2020 Summer Intern-Research & Evaluation
New York, NY
Health Care – Research & Evaluation
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Research & Evaluation Department, part of the Public Health and Strategic Operations Division of PPFA, seeks a research & evaluation summer intern to assist with and support research, program evaluation, and coordination of related programmatic activities. The intern will work across departments within the Healthcare Division (HCD) and may occasionally interact with affiliate research partners.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform data entry and data management tasks.
- Assist with summaries of evaluation / research findings and data.
- Assist with the development of reports and presentations.
- Conduct literature reviews on assigned topics.
- Assist with planning and coordinating meetings, teleconferences, and webinars.
- Maintain tracking and monitoring tools for evaluation and other projects.
- Compile and review evaluations of meetings and conferences.
- Support the team on various tasks as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Master’s Degree candidate is preferred in public health or related field.
- Some previous experience with research and/or evaluation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with data collection and/or management preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (experience with SPSS or STATA is a plus).
- Attention to detail.
- Able to balance multiple tasks and responsibilities.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.