Temporary Senior Project Manager, Office of the COO
New York, NY
Operations – Office of the COO
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks an innovative and data savvy Temporary Senior Project Manager. This job reports to the Managing Director, Operations and Administration in the Office of the COO Division of PPFA.
Purpose: The Temporary Senior Project Manager will play a key role in coordination between the EVP/COO and the departments reporting to the EVP/COO, that is, Facilities, Finance, Human Resources, Information Technology, Information Security, Physical Security and Global, as they drive their strategic initiatives in support of increasing effectiveness, efficiency, and impact in the work that PPFA does.
The ideal candidate must be an exceptional project manager - able to stay on top of and manage multiple projects at the same time. They must be able to work with a large number of stakeholders, prioritize different workstreams and manipulate and present large datasets. They must be a critical thinker who can quickly synthesize big ideas, gather disparate information, and determine the best path forward in both day-to-day and crisis situations. They should have impeccable discretion and bring an unflappable approach to a fast-based environment.
Delivery: What You will be responsible for delivering
- Support the EVP/COO in establishing clear budget accountability by program, improving reporting and enhancing the five-year projection model.
- Support the EVP/ COO and the CFO with the organization-wide annual re-forecast and budget process and manage the annual re-forecast and budget process for the Operations/ Global departments.
- Assist the EVP/COO in overseeing the meeting coordination and agenda of the Program Steering Committee, which consists of executive leadership, to provide programmatic oversight and stewardship for the National Office.
- Support the EVP/ COO in organization and division-wide initiatives which include developing a short and medium term strategic plan, developing change management standards for the entire division, and developing standardized processes and service-level agreements for all departments.
- Support the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for operations departments.
- Track and report the status of major initiatives/ projects across departments within the Operations and Global division.Lead the quarterly financial, HR, and programmatic review process for departments reporting to the EVP/ COO.
- Drive the maintenance of key performance indicators across the division for reporting to the EVP/ COO, executive leadership, and to the Board of Directors.
- Other duties, special initiatives, and projects as assigned.
Engagement: Who You Will Engage With To Do This Work
- Work with finance team and budget managers
- Work with data analytics team and data owners from each department to ensure Impact Dashboard and Operations metrics are updated
- Work with operations teams
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs): What You Will Need to Be Successful
- Significant management experience, including at least 8-10 years in non-profit management and project management.Bachelor's degree required. Master's degree in Business or Management preferred.
- Strong ability to build and analyze financial reports, models, pivot tables, and analyze trends.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, organizational and communication skills with the ability to build consensus and maintain confidentiality.
- A team player with the ability to work well under pressure, coordinate multiple and simultaneous projects, good time management, and attention to detail.
- High level of competency and comfort with technology, including financial systems and databases.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.