2020 Summer Intern-Website
New York, NY
Health Care – Digital Products
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Do you want a purpose-driven internship experience that will set you apart from others? Are you interested in sharing and learning more about the impact digital technology has on defining user behavior and expectations? Would you like the opportunity to work in a healthcare non profit setting, where you can be part of a diverse team AND feel like your contributions make a difference? If this is you, keep reading.
Planned Parenthood believes everyone should have access to information on governmental policies and services they need to make informed, empowered decisions about their sexual and reproductive health. The Digital Product team is working hard to make this happen, and we need dedicated, smart individuals to help us do it. To accomplish this, we’re growing our team to make these digital solutions better. Our goal is to meet the needs of those we serve by providing them with digital tools that support and enhance their lives. So come help us care, no matter what.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Website summer Intern who will have the opportunity to collaborate and strategize in an agile team environment on product features and functionality for meaningful projects related to our flagship websites, plannedparenthood.org and plannedparenthoodaction.org.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supporting the product team by providing relevant market research; specifically identifying industry trends and product features that are aligned with program goals and priorities.
- Developing detailed user stories, participating in scrum rituals and preparing necessary product-related audits and documentation.
- Identifying process gaps and help develop new solutions that can be tested and implemented to support the product team.
- Working cross-functionally on an agile product team, including design, development, program management, information security and data-science.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Basic product knowledge of web based technology, including websites, applications, and social media platforms.
- General understanding of product life cycle and project management methodology.
- Independent learner and problem solver.
- Collaboration across multiple teams and disciplines.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health, rights, and justice.
- Seasoned collaborator—able to work effectively across multiple divisions internally, soliciting feedback and input from significant stakeholder groups nationally.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communications skills – both verbal and written.
- Strong attention to detail while able to multi-task.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.