Product Business Analyst, Digital Products
New York, NY /
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Digital Products /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
About the Digital Products team: The Planned Parenthood Digital Products team provides reliable and scalable applications and technology programs and services in support of health care delivery, sex education, advocacy, fundraising, and internal operations. This past year we were awarded the World's Most Innovative Company in Education from Fast Company.
The Product Business Analyst will apply qualitative and quantitative expertise to deliver dynamic, engaging, and innovative digital solutions to best serve the evolving needs of users interacting with PPFA’s website ecosystem: PlannedParenthood.org and PlannedParenthoodAction.org. The Product Business Analyst will craft evidence-based narratives about how our digital users, patients, and supporters experience Planned Parenthood in a digital context, while collaborating across product teams to support development and continuous iteration of our user experiences. The Product Business Analyst, Digital Products, will report to the National Director, Digital Products, in the Healthcare Division (HCD) of PPFA. HCD provides national frameworks for the delivery of health care and education to our patients, digital users, and supporters across the country.
Purpose (Measure of Success):
The Product Business Analyst will be successful when they provide robust analytical insights that help inform, influence, and drive key product and operational initiatives that create meaningful organizational value and deepen engagement for the information seekers, prospective patients, and supporters who visit Planned Parenthood’s flagship websites.
- Defining, developing, and iterating on data-driven insights by identifying and visualizing quantitative user data that is actionable and informs product priorities and opportunities of PlannedParenthood.org and PlannedParenthoodAction.org.
- Development and automation of reports, iteratively build attribution models, user cohorts and prototype dashboards that influence our product strategy and reveal high-impact opportunities.
- Ensuring data and product integrity by assisting in testing and validation of new and existing products, including designing, executing and analyzing A/B tests to improve the user journey.
- Providing clear, strategic thought leadership in partnership with product managers on product discovery, developing program benchmarks, and best practices that focus on key decisions to improve products and the user experience.
- Management of stakeholder and leadership relationships by providing clear verbal and written communication on product enhancements and new feature development to stakeholders based on a detailed understanding of analytics needs, requirements and resources.
- Establish and maintain a data warehousing strategy in partnership with product team leads and outside vendors.
- Collaborator on 1-2 digital product scrum teams.
- On an interdisciplinary team, serves as a voice of deep analysis of data and digital user needs.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Required professional experience:
- 3-5 years of experience analyzing both qualitative and quantitative product data in a fast-paced, data-driven environment
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with product managers, UX designers, developers, content creators, and other stakeholder across multiple teams
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills, matched with the ability to tell a story with the data to both technical and non-technical partners
- Comfortable working with large data sets and extracting/visualizing data using SQL, Tableau, Excel or other programming languages
- Experience with data warehousing concepts and/or data engineering a plus
- Required attributes:
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction.
- Comfort leading team dynamics and meetings.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively liaise with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural, detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate work effectively with stakeholders and colleagues who hold various priorities.
- Resiliency in the face of multiple challenges and blockers.
- Flexibility in applying standard technology practices to the unique needs of Planned Parenthood.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail while able to multitask.
- A passion for Planned Parenthood’s mission, and dedication to using technology to expand access to the sexual and reproductive health resources and rights.
- Goal-oriented. Able to make demonstrable progress toward strategic goals and KPls, while keeping up with an ever-evolving day-to-day product development environment.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.