2020 Summer Intern-Inclusion & Belonging
New York, NY
Operations – Human Resources
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic seeks a dynamic and effective intern on the Diversity Equity and Inclusion team of the Human Resources department. The Administrative Intern will work to advance a shared agenda, collaborate with internal and external partners, and work with affiliate colleagues to support the department.
The Inclusion and Belonging Intern will work with the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) team and report directly to the Director of Diversity Equity and Inclusion. The ideal intern is detail-orientated with great interpersonal skills, community-oriented, have good multicultural competencies, proficient critical thinking skills, solutions-oriented, a facility around conversation and concepts related to DEI and be curious about questions and pursuits with respect to anti-oppression work. They must also be open and able to jump in and support the team with needed projects and reports in an effective manner. The intern will be responsible for supporting the DEI Director with programmatic development around Social Responsibility and Supplier Diversity as well as some administrative needs.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engage with Employee Resource Group (ERG’s) Leaders for recommendations on projects focused on Social Responsibility and Supplier Diversity Initiatives.
- Maintain and improve the vendors and stakeholder directory. (i.e. Diversification of businesses and organizations with the focus areas being on Women, People of Color, LGBTQ, Veterans, Disabilities).
- Contribute d resource content for DEI Intranet page(s) and draft relevant communication.
- Contribute to an action plan for existing and new diverse vendors and annual outreach calendar based on vendor demographic(s) (i.e. June for Pride with LGBTQ organizations, November for Veteran-focused organizations).
- Create a report briefing on best practices, findings, and recommendations from the assigned project.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Minimum of 2 years of work experience, that can also include fellowships, internships, and traditional work experience.
- Proven ability to develop an idea and execute through completion.
- Coordinating projects and improving processes.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple streams of work and projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and G Suite(Google Mail, Calendaring, Drive).
- Effective written and verbal communications.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment to and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- A strong commitment to race equity and anti-racism work.
- Embody PPFA’s organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we
- treat our patients, our affiliates, and our colleagues.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.