Manager, Digital Health Campaigns
Communications & Culture – Digital Content & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Digital Health Campaign Manager. Reporting to the Director of Digital Campaigns, the Digital Health Campaigns Manager thinks strategically and tactically about how Planned Parenthood can use digital tools to promote its goals around sexual and reproductive health and health education through work on our digital campaigns. This person will be responsible for the design and management of campaign plans and digital materials to be used by both the national and state affiliate organizations.
Planned Parenthood runs multiple health and brand campaigns throughout the year, ranging from campaigns about abortion, to LGBTQ health, to sex education. The overarching objectives of these campaigns are to solidify our existing base of patients and supporters — reinforcing our brand as an expert, compassionate health care provider and educator — and to reach new patients and supporters with promotion of that brand. These campaigns focus on reducing stigma around sexual and reproductive health and on moving public opinion around Planned Parenthood, health equity, and sexual and reproductive health issues overall.
Working with colleagues throughout the national organization and affiliates across the country, the Digital Health Campaigns Manager will create innovative campaigns that support Planned Parenthood initiatives and goals. This person will also work closely with our affiliates to advance Planned Parenthood's health education and health advocacy agenda, and develop and implement strategic plans that help grow our power throughout the country.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, manage, and execute various digital strategies for integrated digital health and education campaigns on web, social media, mobile, and email.
- Participate in evaluation of digital content and campaign metrics to guide and inform future content and strategies.
- Monitor online conversations and actively participate in them to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
- Work with various stakeholders and teams including our Education Department, Health Media, and the Brand and Creative teams to develop strategies and digital tools to advance campaign goals.
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the digital team.
- Independently manage priorities to meet all campaign and content deadlines.
- Work closely with email/digital fundraising team to insure effective integration of digital health campaign work.
- Draft memos and content as needed for affiliates and partners.
- Advise on paid digital in service of campaigns and help guide strategy behind digital ad buys including timing, creative, and targeting.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 3-5 years of substantial digital & social media experience with nonprofit or health-focused organizations.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- 4 years of online digital materials development, production, and execution.
- Experience developing and implementing online content and strategy for digital campaigns; non-profit advocacy organizations, or national health campaigns.
- Experience developing digital campaign plans (long-term and short-term), that includes mobile campaign work.
- Advanced knowledge of online publishing and the use of digital technologies for communication, education, and advocacy including the design, producing and publishing of web content through CMS and a variety of web marketing channels.
- Advanced knowledge of social media, email marketing, and production of digital materials (written, graphical and video).
- Advanced knowledge of sexual and reproductive health issues.
- Broad experience in managing social media, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent communication (written & verbal) skills.
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and deliverables with quick turnarounds.
- Thrives in a campaign style environment with rapid-fire deadlines and responses.
- Ability to gain buy-in from multiple parties in a collaborative environment.
- Proven track record of working online to organize diverse supporters and constituencies, including communities of color and LGBTQ individuals is a plus.
- Possess solid project management skills.
THIS POSITION CAN BE WASHINGTON, DC OR NEW YORK, NY BASED.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.