Integrated Marketing Strategist, Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement
Washington, DC /
Office of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) – Direct Response /
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks an Integrated Marketing Strategist. This job reports to the Director, Digital Supporter Engagement & Innovation in the Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement (DFSE) department of PPFA. The DFSE team is responsible for running Planned Parenthood’s national email, SMS, and digital advertising programs to raise funds online, power advocacy work, and engage with Planned Parenthood supporters across the country.
- The marketing landscape has shifted from channel-specific to supporter-centric, and the impact of COVID-19 has made the importance of digital integration even more important. This role is on the frontlines to help create a unified supporter experience across direct marketing channels in service of achieving core goals.
- Applies knowledge of technical, privacy and legal requirements in developing multi-channel Fundraising and Supporter engagement campaigns in collaboration with direct response leadership.
- Serve as the day-to-day project manager on integrated marketing campaigns with a digital-first lens to create a unified experience for supporters across channels and meet KPIs for key programmatic and donor segments (sustainers, mid-level, etc).
- Synthesizes inbound, outbound, offline and online, into one central strategy in order to maximize engagement.
- Proactively identify opportunities for cross-platform experiences to drive results.
- Develops innovative integrated programs designed to increase revenue across channels and engage new and existing audiences.
- Writes, plans, and executes on integrated campaigns
- Own the technical management, data and organization of peer to peer texting platforms for fundraising. Provide guidance and standards for engagement, coordinate with the digital organizing team and affiliates on best practices.
- Write clear action plans, develop timelines, and coordinate stakeholder input and review in order to manage integrated campaigns from start to finish.
- Lead cross-team training, providing technical guidance and support to teams - internal and external- executing campaigns (e.g. production staff, telemarketing teams, agency support, vendors).
- Analyze performance and communicate actionable insights from campaigns in coordination with the Director, Data & Analysis and team
- Develops strong relationships based on a dedication to serve the dept’s goals.
- Interacts with vendors, regulatory and direct marketing partners to facilitate design and provision of effective multi channel campaigns.
- Provide substantive input to multi channel fundraising program development and assessment of program effectiveness and quality.
- Works with the Direct Response team to ensure the successful execution of campaigns. Must be able to juggle multiple projects and effectively prioritize.
- Manage external vendors as appropriate for integrated campaigns, including any fulfillment of incentive or premium based campaigns.
- Work with the Director of Digital Innovation to design innovative cross-channel campaigns and scale as appropriate
- Maintain awareness of fundraising standards and keep up-to-date with all legal requirements pertaining to the non-profit sector
- Be a strategic partner - build relationships, collaborate, and lead projects across departments including direct response, organizing, and strategic partnerships to develop and execute campaigns
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Directly related experience establishing and maintaining marketing channel expertise for fundraising and supporter engagement platforms with a specific emphasis on digital technologies including - email marketing tools, CRMs, and mobile technology (broadcast SMS, peer to peer texting etc.).
- Deploys data and segmentation optimization strategies to improve performance of ongoing campaigns.
- Employs digital marketing best practices and drafts content as needed.
- Knowledge of telemarketing, mail, and mid-level direct marketing and stewardship a plus
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have experience with current online advocacy and fundraising technologies. Must be able to work independently.
- 2+ years with a peer-to-peer texting platform such as Hustle or similar platforms required. Experience with Mobile Commons and EveryAction or similar platforms a plus.
- 0-5% domestic travel
Starting Salary: 75k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer