Manager, Stewardship and Engagement
New York, NY /
Office of the Chief Development Officer (CDO) – Direct Response /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks a project manager for stewardship and engagement activities for mid-level donors within the direct response department/President’s Circle program. This job reports to the Associate Director of Stewardship and Engagement in the direct response department/President’s Circle program. The President’s Circle sits within the direct response department of the development division and specifically solicits and stewards donors who have the capacity to donate between $1,000 and $24,999 to PPFA and PPAF.
Purpose: The position will be responsible for managing the execution and implementation of key strategic stewardship opportunities that will support the growth of the donor pipeline, donor retention and donor revenue.
They will independently execute the stewardship and engagement of midlevel family foundations and the hi-value donor portfolio with the support of the Associate Director and Coordinator.
In addition, this position will manage and adapt the project cycle of different initiatives and special events, responsible for creating production timelines, designing project goals and success markers, scheduling meetings, liaising across departments, monitoring budgets, running reports, tracking, measuring, analyzing and presenting outcomes, identifying resources and any other elements necessary for successful project/production completion.
This position requires someone who is extremely organized with initiative, good judgment, excellent communications and persuasion skills, and a high-level of customer service skills.
- Collaborates with Development Division colleagues to accomplish donor-centered goals, refine donor journeys and experiences and create systems and processes to support donor pipeline development.
- Provide premium level stewardship techniques in a 1: many execution and personal outreach using high-touch direct marketing techniques, including thank you calls and emails, special invitations, follow up to survey responses, lift notes, attending events, etc.
- Develops/adapts a segment of high-value mid-level donors using donor profiles and behavioral metrics.
- Develops and responds to family foundation requests, proposals, reports to ensure deadlines are met.
- In coordination with the Production Specialist, manages the planning and execution of stewardship production elements for a variety of mail and digital/online campaigns.
- Project manages all aspect of President Circle virtual and in-person events.
- Prioritize donor interactions as assigned by the Associate Director and follow-up via phone, email and mail with a high level of professionalism and in a time sensitive manner.
- Supports the management of the research of mid-level donors to identify capacity and interest to develop the pipeline of growth.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and expertise in SalesForce and Every Action to include comprehensive understanding of how the database works and is managed. Uses skills to query, export and for reporting on program efforts. Uses excellent database judgment and problemsolving skills.
- Maintains a high level of donor confidentiality.
- Provides analytical, content development and project management support to the Associate Director Stewardship & Engagement in addition to general administrative support for various aspects of the mid-level program.
- Models PPFA’s best practices in building collegial and productive working relationships with interdivisional and affiliate partners.
- Personally represents PPFA with mid-level donors in day to day communications.
- Responsible for addressing donor service issues independently and ensures ongoing health of the program by supporting retention efforts. Requires a high level of customer service performance.
- Collaborates closely with Principal Major Gifts, Gift Planning, Research, Donor Relations, and Development Systems to ensure proper donor preferences, interactions and relationships are maintained within the donor database for operational clarity and effectiveness.
- Work with Member Services and Gift Processing departments to ensure excellent customer service and accurate record keeping for these important donor groups.
- Regular interaction with team staff, affiliate development officers, external vendors, donors, and internal Department staff.
- No supervisory responsibilities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- KNOWLEDGE: Job duties require advanced understanding of the principles, concepts and methodology of the fundraising, donor relations, sales, business development and or customer service etc. professions, and the ability to apply such knowledge in professional settings. Must be able to work independently, and as part of a team.
- PROBLEM-SOLVING: Proactively recognize and anticipate needs that may affect the ability of Direct Response to meet assigned goals and objectives. Incumbent must research and integrate information from various sources to determine solution. Flexibility and willingness to engage with others is essential.
- OTHER- Related Skills or Knowledge: Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a dynamic, fast-moving team under pressure of tight deadlines; strong organizational and problem-solving skills, with the ability to address multiple problems and issues; attention to detail; basic computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and Donor databases like Salesforce; strong communication skills, both oral and written; ability to multi-task in a fast paced deadline oriented environment; tolerance of and sensitivity to diversity; and ability to complete multiple tasks with poise, accuracy and confidence.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Routine, relatively low-cost expenditures; however, must receive approval from Supervisor.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree is highly preferred
- Experience: Required 3 to 5 years of related experience in fundraising, donor relations, sales, business development and or customer service. Non-profit, campaign or agency relevant experience with direct response is preferred. Proven database management skills and the ability to utilize research tools. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- 25% or less
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.