Senior Specialist, Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions (CASS), CAPS
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – CAPS /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation America seeks a dynamic, people-oriented individual to support a new national initiative focused on limiting gaps or delays in abortion services caused by staffing shortages. Jointly developed and managed by Planned Parenthood Federation of America and the National Abortion Federation, Clinical Abortion Staffing Solutions (CASS) will provide consultation and technical assistance to Planned Parenthood and independent abortion providing sites seeking to identify, recruit, and retain staff for hard-to-fill clinical positions, and serve as a central resource for licensed and non-licensed clinical staff seeking job opportunities within the abortion providing community.
The CASS Senior Specialist will serve as a subject matter expert on the recruitment and retention of clinical staff working in abortion care and will provide consultation and assistance to abortion providing sites and job seekers interested in abortion provision. The CASS X will be responsible for the day-to-day activities of the project as well as supporting the development and implementation of longer-term solutions to clinical abortion staffing shortages. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with expertise in talent acquisition who is passionate about abortion access and supporting the people that make abortion care possible. This position reports to the Director of Strategic Initiatives, CAPS.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Field requests for CASS support from abortion providing sites, and develop and execute detailed plans for addressing their specific staffing needs.
- Provide talent acquisition consultation and guidance to site leaders to help them improve their overall clinical staff recruitment processes and procedures.
- Develop best-practices in the equitable recruitment and retention of clinical abortion providing staff, both through internal and external learning and investigation, and translate these best practices into resources for sites to use in implementation.
- Consult with licensed and non-licensed job seekers desiring to work in clinical abortion care to support them in the job search process and connect them to opportunities fitting their interests and skillsets.
- Manage the design and implementation of a new Client Management System (database) to track CASS program activities and outcomes in partnership with the CASS specialist at NAF, and be responsible for the entry and maintenance of program data collected from sites and jobs seekers.
- Oversee the implementation of the CASS evaluation plan with PPFA sites we work with to ensure we are meeting our goals, and participate in strategic revisioning if adjustments need to be made to the plan.
- Ensure the CASS website stays up to date with the latest information about open positions and available resources for site visitors.
- Design and send the CASS newsletter to members of the CASS network each month with available opportunities, community announcements, and program updates, in partnership with the CASS specialist at NAF.
- Assist with the development of the CASS program marketing and communications plan, including identifying new and innovative ways to attract licensed and non-licensed clinical staff to the abortion care field, and promoting CASS services to abortion providing sites.
- Develop and deliver presentations on CASS work for internal and external audiences, including at in-person and virtual conferences and meetings, to encourage field wide adaptation of CASS learnings and recommendations.
- Collaborate with other PPFA departments, including Medical Services, Health Care Operations, and Research, on other programs and projects supporting the service delivery workforce at Planned Parenthood, including participating in workgroups and task forces.
- Serve as a knowledge resource on the abortion providing workforce for affiliate staff, other PPFA divisions, and partner organizations.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 3-5 years experience in the recruitment and/or talent acquisition of a wide range of licensed and non-licensed clinical staff for a variety of roles
- Knowledge of core diversity, equity, and inclusion concepts such as power and privilege, emotional intelligence and implicit bias
- Knowledge of the abortion care landscape and the barriers and facilitators to abortion access across the country
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Google Drive, Excel, and a Client Management System such as Salesforce preferable (though not required)
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to build strong and effective partnerships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Good assessment and diplomatic skills to manage challenges as they occur
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.