2020 Summer Intern-Chat & Text
New York, NY
Health Care – Digital Products
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Chat/Text Intern will provide general research, training, and other support to Chat/Text staff. The intern’s primary role will be assisting with monitoring and evaluation of the PPFA’s Chat/Text program, including a mixed methods analysis of program data. The intern will also be asked to contribute to other priorities as needed.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct mixed methods analysis.
- Summarize findings in a draft manuscript for publication;
- Assist in regular quality assurance procedures for the Chat/Text program;
- Design a component of or full booster training for the Chat/Text educators;
- Participate in regular check-ins with supervisor; and
- Other duties as needed
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Prefer a current Master’s candidate (MPH, MSW, or similar).
- Coursework or professional experience in research methods required experience in sexual and reproductive health programming and/or health education preferred.
- 2 years experience in public health, research, program evaluation, health education, or a related field.
- Basic quantitative methods, comfort using SPSS, and knowledge of sexual and reproductive health topics.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.