Director, Membership Affairs
New York, NY
Office of the General Counsel – Office of the SVP General Counsel
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Director, Membership Affairs. The Director, Membership Affairs reports to the National Director, Membership and Board Affairs. The ideal candidate is a detail oriented, multi-tasker that will be responsible for developing and managing the governance functions of the Committees of the Federation, including the National Nominating Committee, the Federation Governance Committee, the Revenue Committee and the Accreditation and Quality Committee.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide high-level support, strategic guidance and to develop new and innovative processes to advance the work and efficiency of the National Nominating Committee as the sole staff support person to the committee.
- Provide high-level support and strategic guidance on Membership Communications
- Ensure compliance with the standards for good governance of the Committees of the Federation, as established by the Governance Task Force and adopted by the Membership, across all Committees of the Federation.
- Ensure compliance with the standards of transparency in Membership communications, as established by the Governance Task Force and adopted by the Membership.
- Ensure that members of the Committees of the Federation understand their duties and functions and are provided with the appropriate information and engagement for them to fulfill those duties and functions.
- Ensure that any matter requiring awareness of, input from or approval by the Membership is presented to the Membership in a timely manner with sufficient information and time for the matter to be properly considered at a Membership Meeting.
- Develop and implement processes to support the work of the Committees of the Federation in coordination with key support departments.
- Develop and implement processes to support the National Nominating Committee as sole staff support person
- Develop and implement processes for coordination of timely Membership Communications
- High-level, strategic oversight of an organized and informative experience for Members at Membership Meetings.
- High-level, strategic oversight of an organized and informative experience for members of the Committees of the Federation.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Command of PPFA bylaws and Committees of the Federation charters.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent project management skills, including planning, budgeting, time management and problem resolution.
- Familiarity with Planned Parenthood’s corporate structure and an understanding of the implications for governance of the various entities.
- Familiarity with parliamentary procedure.
- Familiarity with regulations applicable to 501(c)(3) entities.
- Proficiency with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, presentation, spreadsheet, database, and form creation, and charting software.
- Meeting planning experience.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Comfortable working without a script to develop and manage new processes and programs.
- Willing to take end-to-end responsibility for design, implementation and execution of projects within leanly staffed team.
- Independent problem solver of complex and non-routine situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to provide governance guidance as well as customer service support to members of the Committees of the Federation.
- Able to partner with and provide strong guidance to colleagues at all levels of the organization.
- Comfortable leading and working with multicultural workforce; sensitivity to and appreciation of differences in background, culture and experience.
- Able to take initiative, meet deadlines, prioritize tasks, and maintain focus on identified goals and objectives.
- Able to identify and effectively communicate to leadership issues that are impeding their ability to achieve their job deliverables and deadlines.
- Able to work, learn, and quickly adapt under pressure in a fast-paced, highly innovative, rapidly changing environment.
- Comfortable with technology and committed to developing paper-reduced work processes.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.