2020 Summer Intern-Arts & Entertainment Engagement
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Brand & Culture Strategy team seeks a dynamic and effective 2020 Arts & Entertainment Engagement summer Intern for the Communication Division.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts research on key celebrities and other creative professionals, etc.
- Monitors TV and film opportunities, celebrity events, etc.
- Drafts correspondence to educate and engage leaders in the arts & entertainment community around timely issues and activities and/or to inform the content of their work.
- Collects information needed to prepare briefing memos for key staff and/or celebrities for events and meetings.
- Tracks and produces reports on entertainment engagement activities.
- Provides administrative support and assists with general operations of the Arts and Entertainment Engagement department, including scheduling, managing records, files, and program budgets.
- Assists with travel and logistics for the director, Arts & Entertainment Engagement and for celebrity supporters.
- Completes other special projects as assigned and required.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- 1 to 3 years of summer general work experience required.
- Some entertainment industry work experience preferred.
- Excellent writing, organizational, computer, and customer service skills. Interest in and/or familiarity with entertainment landscape strongly preferred. Detail-oriented in a fast-paced, multi-task environment essential.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Courteous, well spoken, articulate, and have excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.