A/V Operations Tech
New York, NY
Operations – Facilities
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective AV Operations Technician. This role will provide a broad range of video operations services in support of activities, presentations, video conferences and video productions. They must be familiar with pre and post production video operations including live recording and should possess a mix of skills and abilities that will allow for a high level of performance in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment. They will set up and install equipment such as microphones, sound speakers, video screens, projectors, video monitors, recording equipment, sound mixing boards for events and functions. The AV Tech should also provide recommendations on processes, procedures, equipment configurations, improvements, etc. designed to ensure the highest degree of system availability. They should also have the knowledge of software upgrades and installation.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide technical support for video conferencing in NY, DC, FL and CA offices.
- Schedule VTCs and each room's use and resolve scheduling conflicts with all affected offices Mix sound inputs, feeds and troubleshoot meeting quality.
- Coordinate and test computer network connections for each video conference.
- Provide technical support for setting up presentations and other activities.
- Coordinate with IT on computer and AV enhancements.
- Provide Audio Visual support during internal and external events.
- Provide video recording services, in multiple formats, of selected events
- Orchestrate premiere events in the respective facility.
- Provide day-to-day operations of the electronic equipment in the assigned facility.
- Regular survey of rooms, and creating trouble tickets and ensure failed equipment/systems are repaired or restored in a timely manner and provide updates to Management.
- Advise on PPFA Global office conferencing technology as needed.
- Coordinate maintenance and upgrades to AV Systems within the facility and track the status through completion.
- Maintain Information Security Standards for AV systems as per InfoSec guidance.
- Consult with users to determine their needs and ensure proper and timely provision of audio-visual support.
- Operates and/or coordinates the operation of A/V equipment required for presentations.
- Develop computer-generated graphics and perform research regarding new trends and capabilities in audio-visual technology.
- Maintain documentation and training/in room materials related to AV technologies.
- Act as the main day-to-day contact with Facilities, IT Operations and 3rd party vendors working on AV & IT projects and operations.
- Meet with business partners to understand and interpret needs and provide solutions based on those requirements.
- Work closely with technical leads on detailed project designs and estimates for technology initiatives in National & Global offices.
- Conduct vendor assessments and manage vendor relationships during implementations.
- Oversee management of AV systems, conference rooms, large venue preparation and video conferencing.
- Create, maintain and improve standards of end user conference experience.
- Familiarity with physical security, access control and video surveillance technology.
- Experience with telecommunication systems, phone, cabling and telephony.
- Experience with network infrastructure, cloud technology and security.
- Proficiency in Google Applications and various industry standard video conferencing platforms.
- Other duties as assigned by Manager.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in audio video operations and services with appropriate IT, audio video training and certifications.
- Operations and services with appropriate IT, audio video training and certifications.
- 3-5 years providing audio video technical support services at all levels.
- Ability to support various multi-media presentation applications and hardware (Cisco TelePresence, BlueJeans, Zoom, Skype, Google Hangouts and others).
- Possess knowledge to configure and operate all audio video and multi-media systems.
- Knowledge of audio video equipment, software and technology (Biamp, Crestron and Cisco a plus) Ability to prepare and support laptops and other computer equipment, including Apple and tablet devices to support the end user. GSuite experience is a plus.
- Service-orientated with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to prepare and support laptops and other equipment, including Apple, and assist IT delivery as needed.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Right balance of being collaborative, open, and approachable while still being firm in facilitating progress and compromise.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.