2020 Summer Intern-National Training
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA department seeks a dynamic 2020 National Training Summer intern to help further the goals of the organization by working with members of the National Training Team. This will be an opportunity to become part of the highly respected Planned Parenthood family. Applicants should demonstrate an interest in sexual and reproductive health and rights, as well as working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity to and appreciation for cultural differences.
You will have the opportunity to learn the following:
Foundational organizing skills at a national level, including goal planning and evaluating success.
Develop a training plan, including assessing needs, creating goals, and refining all training tools.
Create training evaluations and produce quantitative and qualitative reports on a training program.
Develop a deep culture of community organizing, with an emphasis towards supporting organizing staff in strategies that will diversify leadership in communities of color and bring new voices to Planned Parenthood -- especially in African American, Latinx, immigrant communities, and other marginalized groups.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the National Training staff, support National trainings, including a series of Regional Organizing Summits taking place in the summer of 2020.
- Assist with the planning and execution of training, including the development of training curriculum and materials, facilitation of organizing curriculum and logistical support.
- Partnering with national and affiliate staff to integrate training into Public Affairs and Organizing programs across PPFA, supporting individualized technical assistance where needed. Taking a leadership role on special projects and performing administrative duties as assigned and required.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Strong writing and public speaking skills.
- Experience in community or political outreach and organizing preferred.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Letter of recommendation from a professional, academic or personal reference.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.