Development Designer, Philanthropic Communications
New York, NY
Development – Foundations Relations & Donor Communications
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) needs a dynamic designer focused on fundraising efforts. Reporting to the Director, Philanthropic Communications, the development designer supports the creation of high-quality visuals, brochures, reports, and graphics that demonstrate the need for and impact of donor support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approach all design with a Racial, Equity, and Inclusion (REI) lens.
- Develop creative design solutions that achieve strategic development goals.
- Anticipate development team needs.
- Plan production timelines with Director based on resources and individual project requirements.
- In close coordination with the Director, proactively identify opportunities to strengthen development efforts through graphic design.
- Oversee high-quality design under the creative direction of the Director.
- Work with the Philanthropic Communications team, PPFA’s Creative team, other development teams, and with external agencies to ensure brand consistency, and effective design across development projects.
- Plan and direct design execution beyond concept phase, ensuring consistency across a range of campaigns and products.
- Organize print production and vendor management.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 3+ years of design experience and a degree in a related field.
- High level of proficiency of Adobe Creative Suite, Keynote, and Microsoft Office programs.
- Experience with fundraising.
- A proven track record in print design, print production, and vendor management.
- Passion for design; possesses a strong creative portfolio, with evidence of a sharp eye, strong typographic and conceptual tools, and a keen attention to detail.
- Ability to step in and execute design direction beyond concept phase, ensuring consistency across a range of print and digital products.
- Comprehend and negotiate the ever-changing graphic design needs of a complex, multifaceted development division.
- A willingness and ability to determine, manage, and quickly adjust priorities, demanding a high degree of multitasking and creativity.
- Interface productively with staff and senior leadership and effectively communicate the vision behind design concepts.
- Respond to multiple points of view and make final recommendations while maintaining collegial relations.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Agile and solutions-orientated.
- Ability to stay calm and positive during demanding periods of crisis communications.
- Past experience with a women's health and rights organization is not required, but a passion for Planned Parenthood's mission is a necessity.
- A team player who can build alliances across many teams and who possesses diplomacy, finesse, and intuition.
- Tenacity, a positive attitude, a commitment to customer service, and a good sense of humor are essential.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.