Product Manager, Digital Products
New York, NY /
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Digital Products /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
About the Digital Products team: The Planned Parenthood Digital Products team provides reliable and scalable applications and technology programs and services in support of health care delivery, sex education, advocacy, fundraising, and internal operations. This past year we were awarded the World's Most Innovative Company in Education from Fast Company.
The Product Manager, Digital Products, will innovate and execute product initiatives on Planned Parenthood’s flagship national websites: PlannedParenthood.org and PlannedParenthoodAction.org. The Product Manager will define product roadmaps, manage agile sprints and team communications, and run an efficient build-measure-learn development cycle. The Product Manager will work within a scrum team of designers and developers and will collaborate with key education and content leads to build exceptional user experiences. The Product Manager, Digital Products, will report to the Director, Digital Products, in the Healthcare Division (HCD) of PPFA. HCD provides national frameworks for the delivery of health care and education to our patients, digital users, and supporters across the country.
Purpose (Measure of Success):
The Product Manager will be successful when they launch impactful consumer digital experiences within PlannedParenthood.org and PlannedParenthoodAction.org by (1) creating and delivering on a roadmap of strategic experiments and enhancements that work towards our goals, and (2) effectively collaborating with a variety of stakeholders to nurture, validate, and execute the most impactful ideas within an agile scrum team.
- Creating and iterating on new website user experiences and features that increase the engagement of our diverse audiences: information seekers, patients, and supporters alike.
- Clear, strategic thought leadership around consumer-facing digital products at Planned Parenthood. Driving consensus around the vision and the roadmap across team members and stakeholders.
- Leveraging a user-centered approach that identifies opportunities based on user interviews, research, data, and market trends.
- Creation of goals for Planned Parenthood’s flagship national websites; regular and ongoing data analysis to inform product evolution. The product manager should define clear metrics of success that support effective decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communication. The Product Manager will communicate broadly about the performance and functionality of our flagship websites to relevant stakeholders and audiences, including executive leadership and Planned Parenthood affiliates.
- Establishing agile and scrum practices by collaborating seamlessly with Scrum Master, design, engineering, education and marketing colleagues. Driving product discovery and development processes collaboratively.
- Management of stakeholder and leadership relationships and working to ensure product success by collaborating seamlessly with design, engineering, education and marketing
- Appetite for learning and becoming a subject matter expert on user engagement and conversion on a content rich ecosystem, scrum and other agile methodologies.
- Collaborative strategic leader for 1-2 digital product scrum teams.
- Informative source of escalation and information a variety of clients including peers in Digital Products, collaborators across PPFA, vendors, stakeholders, and senior leaders.
- Vocal collaborator with fellow Digital Products strategic and user experience colleagues.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Required professional experience:
- 3-5 years experience in building consumer facing digital products as a product manager or product owner
- Experience working closely and collaboratively with UX designers, visual designers, developers, content creators, and other contributors across multiple internal groups
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, matched with the ability to tell a story with the data
- Experience overseeing a product roadmap strategy and documenting product requirements/user stories.
- Demonstrable achievements defining, bringing to market, and scaling top-notch digital products.
- Iterating on a mature product that is pushing to become a more equitable experience
- Experience working in an agile, iterative product development process
- Required attributes:
- Self-motivation and ability to stay focused in the middle of distraction.
- Comfort leading team dynamics and meetings.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively liaise with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural, detail-oriented environment.
- Ability to communicate and coordinate work effectively with stakeholders and colleagues who hold various priorities.
- Resiliency in the face of multiple challenges and blockers.
- Flexibility in applying standard technology practices to the unique needs of Planned Parenthood.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail while able to multitask.
- A passion for Planned Parenthood’s mission, and dedication to using technology to expand access to the sexual and reproductive health resources and rights.
- An entrepreneurial mind-set, an interest in emerging technology trends, and a passion for using technology and data to solve unmet user needs
- We serve a diverse and global audience, so bilingual in English/Spanish is a plus
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.