Temporary Project Manager, Online Appointment Scheduling (OAS)
New York, NY
Health Care – Digital Products
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
About the Digital Products team: The Planned Parenthood Digital Products team provides reliable and scalable applications and technology programs and services in support of health care delivery, sex education, advocacy, fundraising, and internal operations. This past year we were awarded the World's Most Innovative Company in Education from Fast Company.
About this role: The Project Manager, Online Appointment Scheduling (OAS), will identify, plan and execute key initiatives related to expanding digital access for Planned Parenthood patients by aligning PPFA stakeholders and contributors, affiliate partners, and third party vendors under rigorous project plans that hold all parties accountable to the pre-defined deliverables and scope of work. The Project Manager, Online Appointment Scheduling (OAS), will report to the Associate Director, Online Appointment Scheduling (OAS).
Open to someone outside of NYC, or as a Telecommuter.
- The Project Manager, Online Appointment Scheduling (OAS) will be successful if they ensure the on-time delivery of product development and execution according to program resources and priorities defined by key stakeholders and PPFA/Affiliate leadership.
- Managing the planning of complex project activities, including day-to-day operational and tactical aspects for the entire project lifecycle from project inception to implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Managing a user-focused backlog of potential opportunities based on business needs, data analysis, user interviews, and market research.
- Detailed documentation and definitions of product requirements, including user stories, acceptance criteria, and specifications that clearly communicate goals, new features, edge cases, states, and releases for development.
- Developing and tracking key performance indicators (KPIs) that identify measurement, growth and learning opportunities driven by quantitative and qualitative metrics.
- Delivery of user-focused solutions on time and on budget by effectively coordinating with technical, non-technical staff and consultants.
- Identifying and mitigating risks that can potentially impact the project, escalating risks appropriately and defining best practices for proactively managing them in the future.
- Leading recurring team rituals such as planning, backlog elaboration, retrospective meetings and facilitating other meetings as needed.
- Facilitating the creation of program documentation and training materials for affiliate staff.
- Developing and recommending best practices (including which methodology to apply) for project management and execution.
- Building relationships and communicating frequently with key business stakeholders, affiliate staff, technical staff, vendors, and senior management.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES (KSA's)
- 3+ years experience managing digital products (web or native software).
- Demonstrated track record of managing complex projects or products within cross-functional technology teams.
- Proficiency with one or more project management approaches.
- Familiarity with agile software development methodology a plus.
- Vendor or partner account management experience is a plus.
- Experience communicating with customers, users, and business stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to effectively liaise with colleagues on all levels in a distributed, multicultural, detail-oriented environment (without losing a sense of humor).
- Top-notch writing, presentation and meeting facilitation skills.
- Process orientation with phenomenal attention to detail.
- Fast learner with an ability to “jump in” and be a creative problem solver.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.