Manager, Financial Data Analytics
New York, NY /
Office of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Finance /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Manager, Financial Data Analytics. This job reports to the Sr. Director of Finance in the Finance Department of PPFA. The mission of the PPFA’s Finance Department is to ensure that PPFA’s financial resources are collected, protected and distributed in a fiscally responsible manner; to provide financial leadership as well as effective, efficient and responsive services to PPFA, its affiliates, partners, and donors; and to deliver timely and accurate financial information to enable informed decision making to fulfill PPFA’s mission.
Purpose: Financial Data Integrity and Reporting. Leverage financial system analytics and maintain categorizations that provide insight to leadership. Work closely with the Sr. Budget Director to capture new dimensions for analysis of financial data and consult budget managers across the organization on data integrity best practices.
- Organizational Budget Planning, Forecasting, and Reporting:
- Support the Finance team in the planning and execution of the formal annual and mid-year budgeting processes.
- Help coordinate the budget process with all of PPFA’s operating divisions and its four 501(c3/4) entities to ensure timely delivery, adherence to budget guidelines and data integrity.
- Provide training, direction & guidance to budget coordinators in preparation of their respective departmental budget proposals and annual variance reports.
- Identify and execute improvement initiatives to streamline the overall budget process and workflow.
- Work with IT to maintain network user security access for the reporting and budgeting systems
- Financial Data Analysis and Management Reporting:
- Maintain and manage the National office’s common budgeting tool, Adaptive Insights.
- Ensure and control access to sensitive financial information through system wide security controls.
- Train and support PPFA staff in using the budget and finance reporting tools
- Develop improvements to the Adaptive Insights model to provide a sound budgeting platform with enhanced financial information delivery and end-user functionality.
- In partnership with finance budget, systems, and grants teams, Improve the design of PPFA’s internal & external financial reports to provide end-users with enhanced financial clarity, structure and content.
- Create, run, and maintain monthly financial reports for PPFA and its consolidated entities. Generate monthly, quarterly, and annual reports at the direction of the Deputy Chief Financial Officer and Sr. Budget Director.
- Run quarterly Statement of Activities, Balance Sheet, Net Asset reports for presentation and review by the Finance Committee.
- Extract and manipulate data from multiple financial systems to create Excel pivot tables in order to analyze budget to actuals, and research any significant variances by reviewing comparative data and meeting with department staff.
- Assist with financial system evaluations, upgrades, and implementations of new systems and modules.
- Systems and database maintenance; troubleshooting and support for systems configuration and reporting.
- Develop improvements to the budget system’s reports and templates and provide a sound budget platform with enhanced financial information delivery and end-user functionality.
- Assist with the upload of final approved budgets from the budget system (Adaptive ) to the accounting system, and ensure consistency of data across all financial platforms.
- Maintain the chart of accounts including the assignment of new budget codes and changes to division, projects and other rollups.
- Identify areas for continuous improvements in terms of productivity, service levels and customer satisfaction.
- As part of systems and database maintenance, ensure updating of other integrating systems (e.g. WORKS) and forms (Pay Orders and TER forms) with correct and current financial dimensions and GL codes
- Build relationships and meet regularly with managers and budget coordinators across PPFA to ensure departmental budgeted goals are tracked and met. Work closely with and maintain contacts with finance and program staff in order to identify opportunities to expand and enhance the budgeting process and financial reporting. Develop and maintain a network of professional contacts to advance knowledge of non-profit financial issues and to provide top-level financial support as a way of advancing the mission of PPFA.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Must have strong analytical acumen. Possess technical proficiency with various financial applications (MS Excel, including the use of pivot tables) and budget and reporting tools. Non-profit finance experience a plus.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree.
- Years of Experience: 2-4 years related experience
- A demonstrated ability to build financial reports and models, non-profit budgeting templates/reports, financial analysis tools in Excel
- Expertise in building and analyzing pivot tables. Should have excellent financial analysis and reporting skills, experience in non-profit finance/accounting field, and knowledge of non-profit operations and financial systems
- Possess impeccable interpersonal skills, strong work ethic, customer service centric attitude, and excellent analytical skills with a sharp attention to detail
- Must be a team player
- Must have the ability to meet critical deadlines and prioritize effectively.
- Knowledge of non-profit fiscal management, including fund accounting, grants management and financial analysis preferred.
- Knowledge of diverse work groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
- Less than 5%
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. PPFA does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.