Regional Campaign Manager (Midwest)
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns Department (OEC) seeks multiple full time staff members to help manage and coordinate issue, legislative, and electoral campaigns within the OEC Department. These individuals will be high-energy, skilled organizers who thrive in a fast-paced work environment, learn quickly, think on their feet with superior communication skills and customer service attitudes.
Regional Campaign Managers (RCMs) will report directly to the Regional Campaign Director (RCD) of their assigned region. RCMs will work in partnership with the RCD, local Planned Parenthood affiliates, and within Planned Parenthood’s existing infrastructure to support the development, execution and amplification of action-based campaign plans in a designated region. Campaigns aim to combat national attacks on Planned Parenthood from state legislatures, from Congress, from the Trump administration and other hostile entities. In addition to reporting to the RCD in the assigned region, RCMs will receive additional management and project supervision by the Federal Campaigns Director and State Campaigns Director. This role will work closely across the OEC department and with Planned Parenthood local affiliates to ensure campaigns are well resourced, strategic, and successful.
This candidate should enjoy travel and be prepared to deploy on campaigns for several weeks at a time.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Regional Campaigns Director in developing and executing campaign plans in partnership with local affiliates and PPFA National Office.
- Work with affiliate/partner organizations to identify shared PPFA/affiliate goals, develop workplans, and secure agreement to identified deliverables.
- Secure collaboration/agreement from affiliates in order to execute upon campaign goals.
- Participate in and direct campaign activities on the ground as needed, and assess resource needs (funding, tactical support on the ground, or technical support) for campaigns.
- Coordinate and direct activities across a team which will include organizers, volunteers, and communication staff from multiple Planned Parenthood organizations and at times, coalition partners.
- Create internal communications and reports on campaign activities including reports and presentations.
- Work as a team player in a high-pressure work environment.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 2+ years of related, advocacy and electoral campaign experience in organizing and management.
- Experience executing issue and electoral campaigns.
- Experience as a grassroots organizer; should be adept at consulting, advising, and training others on grassroots strategies.
- Volunteer or paid campaign experience.
- Not-for-profit experience, coalition relationship experience a plus.
- At least one big campaign victory on campus or in your local community – as a volunteer or staff a plus.
- At least one cycle as staff doing field organizing on an electoral campaign a plus.
- Working knowledge of voter databases (VAN) is preferred.
- Drivers license required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Passionate about the mission of Planned Parenthood and the role of health provision and advocacy.
- Strong commitment to meeting deadlines and showing progress towards goals.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is essential.
- Curiosity around new ways of organizing, using data, and building infrastructure for a long-term movement.
- Ability to travel for weeks at a time to support specific, time-limited campaigns.
- Ability to motivate teammates who are not directly accountable to you; collaborate and secure agreements from colleagues.
- Proven success in managing a coalition and/or developing and leveraging local partner relationships.
- Ability to respond to the needs of a fast-paced operation.
- Unflappable in face of crisis or high stress situations.
- Self-starter with a high level of creative initiative.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Discretion and diplomacy.
- Sense of humor.
- As needed.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.