Coordinator, Events & Conferences
Operations – Events & Conferences
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Coordinator, Events & Conferences. This position will provide operational and administrative support to the Events and Conferences team, specifically around financial administration, contract tracking, and technical assistance with a variety of events and conferences, and partner sponsorships. The Coordinator will provide on-site event and conferences support as needed, and must have strong customer service skills. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, learns quickly, can work collaboratively with a wide variety of people from different backgrounds, and has very strong attention to detail.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative and operational support to the Events and Conferences team, including payables, receivables, expense tracking, financial reporting, and supply procurement.
- Administers contract tracking process for the team, including facilitating the vendor intake process, technical assistance with the contract management tool, and document management for all agreements.
- Coordinates support for key meetings, including scheduling, preparation of materials and logistics, and note-taking.
- Oversees correspondence for all conference and meeting related email inboxes.
- Manages Events and Conferences master events calendar and ensure it is up to date with the latest dates, location and event contacts.
- Manages Events and Conferences intake process and ensure it is up to date with the latest dates, location and event contacts.
- Responsible for communications to internal requesters updating on status of intake request.
- Provides on-site conference and/or event support as indicated by manager.
- Process invoicing, memorandum of understandings (MOUs), tracking pay orders, contracts, grants and reimbursements.
- Responsible for administrative support that includes: arranging partner travel and lodging requests, ordering materials and supplies for events, processing contract requests, reconciling expenses, and tracking team expenditures and creating team reports.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Minimum of 1-2 years of administrative experience.
- Top-notch attention to detail.
- A collaborative team player with interpersonal savvy.
- Excellent customer services skills.
- Enjoys a fast-paced work environment.
- Track record of improving processes.
- Ability to communicate clearly with diverse stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to handle multiple and simultaneous tasks and projects.
- Familiarity with financial processes, including budgeting and accounts payable.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Collaborative - approaches a problem in a "how can I help my team be successful".
- Strong, clear and concise verbal and written communication skills across all mediums and across all levels of the organization.
- Right balance of being collaborative, open, and approachable while still being firm in facilitating progress and compromise.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.