Associate Director, Human Resources Generalist
New York, NY /
Office of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Human Resources /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seek a passionate, high energy, HR professional to join our dynamic HR team! The Associate Director will work collaboratively with the Human Resources Business Partners and other Human Resources subject matter experts, including HR Shared Services, Benefits, and Talent Acquisition to align practices and initiatives in connection with our strategic and operational goals. This role provides support in the areas of organizational effectiveness and development, talent acquisition, employee relations, coaching and talent management.
The Human Resources division is a critical partner in supporting the Leadership and Talent 2025 work for PPFA. We are focused on what the organization needs now and in the future to create the world we want – where no matter who you are and where you live, your reproductive rights are protected, you have the choice about when to become a parent, and you can access the care you need when you need it. It takes a lot of talented people to deliver a mission that big.
- The Associate Director, Human Resources Generalist plays a critical role in ensuring that the Human Resources Business Partners can provide support to organizational leaders and support the delivery and implementation of exciting and meaningful human resources and organization effective programs that attracts, retains, and develops talent in partnership with PPFA’s HR Subject Matter Experts.
- To collect and assess the needs of clients for the purpose of ensuring the optimal delivery of human resources programs across PPFA. The Human Resources Generalist will tailor programs and policies to meet organization needs.
- Partner with HR Shared Services to ensure HR data integrity is maintained.
- Provide substantive input to the development of programs that will be created or managed by the HR Business Partners.
- Secure collaboration with HR colleagues, client stakeholders and, when necessary, external partners to assess the needs of projects, programs or initiatives that are included in the his/her/their portfolio.
- Build strong relationships across PPFA and in particular with the HR Shared Services team and the HR Business Partners to stay current on HR systems, processes and human capital planning.
- Work cross-functionally and assist staff at many levels in optimizing the performance of their teams and resolving concerns.
- Effectively manage projects and programs to deliver them to successful completion within budget and on time.
- Use research and analytics to deliver insights that enable new ideas and perspectives in developing the people strategy, programs and initiatives for PPFA.
- Create solutions in such areas as talent and career development, employee relations, compensation, and benefits.
- Execute on HR generalist transactional responsibilities in addition to projects and strategic initiatives.
- Perform root cause analyses to inform data-based decision making.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- At least 2 years of Human Resources experience, preferably in growing and dynamic organizations, delivering organization-wide HR programs in organization development, compensation, or talent management.
- An Undergraduate Degree in Human Resources Management, Organization Development, or Management Sciences is preferred.
- Demonstrated track record in managing projects and programs to successful completion.
- Ability to build relationships and a genuine passion for customizing approach to interactions based on a respect for various types of personalities and working styles Strong facilitation management skills.
- Experience participating in organization wide initiatives and is skilled at collaborating with other members of the HR team.
- Willingness to get involved and pitch in with what needs to be done to meet the client's needs.
- Comfortable with ambiguity, rapid change and uncertainty; comfortable operating in an environment that can pivot as needed in response to internal and external priorities.
- Gets your energy from operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible style.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and collaborate effectively in a dynamic, cross-functional environment.
- Better than average communication skills (verbal and written).
- Experience working with Microsoft Office application and Google application a must, as well as comfort learning and using new systems.
Starting Salary: 100k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer