Project Manager, Development Systems
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic Project Manager, Development Systems. The candidate is responsible for managing a wide range of projects including – system integrations, full system migrations and implementations, data enhancements, data analysis, reporting, strategic assessments, and business process improvements. The position will be part of a project management team within Development Systems with a focus on delivering quality projects efficiently. The Project Manager will be supervised by the Associate Director of Project
Management, and work closely with technical members of the Development Systems team, Development stakeholders, and our partner vendors. A key focus for the Project Manager will be working on bringing in additional affiliate partners into the Collaborative Fundraising Program and a shared donor database and being very hands-on in the migration of their data
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implementing all data migration work necessary for migrating donor data for new CFP affiliates including having data mapping conversations, translating technical requirements and ETL/SQL coding.
- Develop SQL scripts for migration mapping.
- Work across functional teams to develop and maintain standardized migration resources including mapping templates.
- Build and manage complex relationships across stakeholder groups including National Office teams, Affiliate teams, and vendor teams.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to define and affirm project scope and dependencies.
- Develop and manage individual workstreams within a detailed project plan including milestones, resources, and risk mitigation.
- Create test plans and lead project testing cycles.
- Communicate functional and data requirements to technical staff including Salesforce Developer and Data Architect.
- Work with the PM and User Support teams to develop appropriate change management procedures for projects.
- Responsible for maintaining data integrity among various inter-connected data sets.
- Collaborate in maintaining documentation on data structure and business rules critical for accurate interpretation and use of enterprise data.
- Provide regular project status updates and communications to project teams and stakeholders.
- Develop an understanding of our technology and our user needs in order to provide in depth analysis and solution options through creative problem solving.
- Contribute to business process improvements.
- Other projects as assigned, such as database release & version testing, documenting best practices, etc.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with fundraising or fundraising systems preferred.
- Candidate should have experience with Salesforce or other CRM.
- Hands-on experience with Data Conversion or Migrations.
- Advanced experience with SQL, MySQL, or Postgres language.
- Understanding of ETL Methods and implementations.
- Knowledge of any of these tools a plus: Toad, Civis Platform, Redshift, AWS.
- Advanced computer application skills, including Microsoft Office Suite and Google G Suite tools.
- Excellent communication skills with a track record of attention to detail in presentations and written communications.
- Experience with one or more project management tools or methodologies.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-moving organization.
- Attention to detail.
- Be an analytical thinker and problem solver.
- Ability to be a team player who can contribute and collaborate as part of a diverse team.
- Ability to build consensus across many teams while maintaining diplomacy and using intuition.
- A willingness and ability to determine, manage, and quickly adjust priorities as needed demanding a high degree of multitasking and an ability to meet deadlines.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood and sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- An interest in data science, information sciences or database work.
- Customer focused.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.