Senior Grant Writer
New York, NY
Development – Foundations Relations & Donor Communications
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Grant Writer. Reporting to the Director of Foundation Relations and Donor Communications, the Senior Grant Writer will execute the development of grant proposals and reports, and other donor communications on a range of program areas, including Planned Parenthood’s global work
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes concept papers, letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports for current and prospective foundation, individual, and corporate supporters.
- Working with program and finance staff to create written materials on a range of health care and advocacy issues, including PPFA’s global work.
- Effectively and succinctly articulating project goals, activities, anticipated outcomes, successes, challenges, etc.
- Collaborating with staff at all levels of the organization, including executive leadership and senior staff, program and finance staff, and staff across the development division.
- Using the database to track upcoming deadlines.
- Helps to prepare briefings, talking points, presentations, and collateral materials for senior leadership and other PPFA staff in advance of donor meetings.
- Creates timely updates beyond formal reporting requirements to steward top donors.
- Assists with other tasks as requested, including prospect research, data entry and management, and drafting correspondence or e-blasts for Foundation and other donors.
- Stays abreast of PPFA’s programmatic priorities, initiatives and policy positions, as well as current news and information related to reproductive health and rights.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Excellent writing skills; at least four years direct experience in development or communications writing for a nonprofit/advocacy organization preferred.
- College degree, master’s preferred.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Effective, collegial communicator who can collaborate with staff at all levels of the organization.
- Comfort using the suite of Google and Microsoft Office tools, as well as Salesforce preferred.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Strongly committed to the mission of Planned Parenthood.
- Unflappable in times of crisis and high stress.
- Strong attention to detail.Self-starter with a willingness to take initiative.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.