Creative Project Manager
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Votes (PP Votes) is an independent expenditure political committee registered with the Federal Election Commission. PP Votes works in service of, but not in coordination with, national, state, and local campaigns around the country to elect champions of women’s rights and health.
PP Votes seeks a dynamic and effective Creative Project Manager - Electoral. Reporting to the Senior Brand Project Director, and working closely with the larger Electoral team, he/she will be responsible for project managing the creative output across multiple national and local electoral efforts and ensuring brand/creative oversight on deliverables; working to ensure alignment on creative needs and best next steps to achieve them; oversight of external creative and production partners; planning around scheduling and budgeting; and on-time, on-budget, on-spec delivery of high-quality assets. The chosen candidate must be detail oriented, work well independently and within a team, be a liaison between internal teams, and thrive in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
This is a temporary position for the upcoming election season, January through November 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage Electoral creative projects ensuring that timelines, strategies, and workflows around content curation/strategy are implemented and aligned to the overarching vision and mission, as well as national and local campaign-specific goals.
- Drive clear, compelling, and cohesive storytelling across all assets and channels including website, social channels, partnerships, email, direct mailers, television or radio commercials, etc.
- Oversee quality control and vendor coordination, as well as scope and contracts for his/her projects and in collaboration with the PP Votes team and their infrastructure.
- Accountable for timing of deliverables, copy, concept, design and delivery of assets, plans, media.
- Develop project schedules, identify impact moments and peaks, opportunities for integration within the Brand & Culture team and in collaboration with Media, Digital, and cross functional partners.
- Juggle an often large volume of work effectively, balancing extremely tight turnaround projects with long-lead work, ensuring that projects are on track and that supervisor and other staff are regularly updated about the status of projects.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's Degree, plus additional related college courses or professional training in a related field is required.
- 5-7 years of directly related work experience, including experience in creative production and project management.
- Willingness to learn, expand and grow as a professional.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Must be able to plan projects on very tight deadlines.
- Must have an advanced understanding of the creative and production process, and the ability to lead the internal team and external partners to produce creative work.
- Constantly communicates with staff in other departments/divisions, as well as outside vendors, to develop and produce products to support others' work.
- Ensures that systems meet other staff’s needs. Interacts with outside vendors and organizational spokespeople on logistics.
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly articulate reproductive health issues and advocacy issues.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.