Associate Director, Digital Organizing
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Full Time - Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund seeks an inspiring, innovative and effective Associate Director of Digital Organizing. This job reports to the Digital Organizing Director in the Organizing, Elections, and Campaigns Department of PPFA.
Purpose: The Associate Director, Digital Organizing will lead the national virtual volunteer program to recruit, develop, mobilize, and retain supporters across the country to build power and win priority federal campaigns and elections.
- Work with the Digital Organizing Director to develop and implement the strategic vision for the national digital organizing program.
- Lead the strategy and implementation of a virtual volunteer program that develops and retains volunteers across the country to maximize volunteer power and win federal campaigns and elections at scale.
- Lead the execution of the Planned Parenthood Action Fund’s digital organizing program to recruit members and mobilize volunteers into coordinated electoral activity.
- Lead the development of content and systems for managing virtual volunteers in partnership with vendors and other internal stakeholders.
- Execute virtual volunteer outreach, engagement, training, and support through webinars, peer-to-peer communications, relational organizing, and other mediums as needed.
- Work with other teams in the national office, contractors, and vendors to recruit and mobilize supporters on rapid response campaigns on birth control, abortion access, sex ed, healthcare, and reproductive health.
- Connect virtual volunteers with local staff through programming and data systems.
- Manage virtual volunteer program data and reporting and continuously optimize the digital organizing program and systems for volunteer recruitment, activation, and retention.
- Travel as needed to support local staff and volunteers across the country.
- Proactively escalate issues, observations, opportunities, and insights to the Digital Organizing Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- The person in this position will work cross-functionally, including with our Digital Fundraising & Supporter Engagement team, the Digital Content and Campaigns Team, the Communications team, the Training team, Black Organizing team, Youth Organizing team, Latinx organizing team, Patient Advocacy team, National Organizing team, Coordinated Electoral team, and Planned Parenthood local staff, to recruit, develop, mobilize, and retain virtual volunteers.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Have demonstrated experience using digital tools or innovative management systems to scale volunteer programs.
- Have significant experience developing and executing advocacy or electoral campaigns or experience in a comparable role.
- Be an inspiring leader with the ability to get buy-in on new ideas or projects from a wide range of stakeholders.
- Be comfortable with digital organizing technologies such as peer-to-peer texting, relational organizing, and mobile applications.
- Have a commitment to racial justice and experience working with or supporting communities of color.
- Have demonstrated experience using data to inform decisions and optimize program execution.
- Have a strong commitment to collaboration.
- Have excellent project management skills with a high level of attention to detail.
- Be self-driven to meet goals with an ability to bounceback from setbacks.
- 10-25% domestic travel
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.