New York, NY /
Office of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Finance /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Procurement Director. This job reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The Procurement function supports all stakeholders in the responsible purchasing of goods and services for Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), Planned Parenthood Action Fund and its subsidiaries, and Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) (collectively the Organizations) with a commitment to customer service, sound controls, compliance monitoring, and timely, accurate, and complete reporting, analysis and decision support to further the Federation’s mission.
- The Director is responsible for enhancing the processes, tools, and training and leading the day-to-day functions and activities related to procurement which include procurement-related organizational process improvements, policies and standards, project management, and compliance monitoring and training to ensure a sound control environment supported by efficient and effective procurement systems and processes. They will also participate in the senior Finance leadership team to set strategic goals and manage delivery on those goals and outcomes
- The core deliverables for this role include but are not limited to:
- Procurement Leadership
- Provides leadership to staff across the organization who have roles with procurement responsibilities providing training and guidance on best practices, policy compliance, and systems design and improvements.
- Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ensures organization-wide procurement processes are streamlined and managed and policies and procedures are documented--specifically delivering against the goals established for the currently active Procure to Pay Enterprise project.
- Provides and supports tools and applications that support the procurement processes
- Oversees compliance and staff training
- Procurement Compliance Oversight
- Manages overall compliance oversight for the procurement function ○ Maintains the procurement risk register and action plan
- Performs ad hoc reviews to ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Makes recommendations for improvements
- Special projects as needed.
- Externally: This role works closely with the organization’s vendors and business partners.
- Internally: This role works closely with senior management and procurement operations staff throughout the organization.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Business Administration, Logistics or related field.
- Minimum of eight years’ experience in procurement, at least six of which has been in a leadership role in planning and deploying new procurement systems . Experience in progressively serving in management roles in a complex, international not-for-profit preferred. Exposure to a federated structure with complex operations and procurement functions desired.
- Experience building strong, diverse teams outside direct-management authority as well as collaborative relationships both internal and external to the organization. Service as a key strategic and business partner to the chief financial officer required.
- Process and systems-oriented with proven process improvement accomplishments. - Experience in developing and delivering training.
- Expert level of proficiency in procurement, expert knowledge of principles, practices and techniques associated with procurement.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to determine application of established practices and procedures, able to tackle problems by using logical, systematic approaches as well as train and coach others in the skill.
- Skill that encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches, facilitates implementation and acceptance of change.
- Strong research skills and ability to source and identify information; ability to use information as an effective tool.
- A commitment to excellence, a service-orientation and demonstrated ability to work comfortably and communicate effectively at all levels to include at the Board level.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, spreadsheets, and databases; familiarity with Internet Systems.
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
Starting Salary: 120k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer