Temporary, Coordinator, Communications and Culture
Communications & Culture – Office of the SVP of Comm
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America and Planned Parenthood Action Fund are hiring a temporary staff person to fill the role of Coordinator to support the Media team and the Digital Content and Campaigns team. The Planned Parenthood media team shapes the media and public narrative about Planned Parenthood and our services, sexual and reproductive health, education, rights, an advocacy. The Planned Parenthood Digital Content and Campaigns team carries out Planned Parenthood’s strategy to develop and promote content and
campaigns across all Planned Parenthood digital platforms on health education, issue education and advocacy and electoral campaigns with visitors to www.plannedparenthood.org and other online content channels, including various social media properties. Both teams work to increase the visibility and utility of Planned Parenthood by creating and distributing medically accurate, engaging content and by executing issue advocacy and political campaigns.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serves as the primary operations liaison to senior director, media and the digital team leadership, including direct administrative support, budget and finances support, and day to day calendar and workflow management.
- Provides support on special projects and on-site event management.
- Manage editorial and event calendar for media team.
- Arrange logistics for reporter events, press calls, briefings, and high-level meetings and launches.
- Manages database for communications materials, including messaging, media materials, talking points, and more, ensuring organization, integrity, and accuracy of materials.
- Manage PPFA and PPACT YouTube channels.
- Optimize video content for search engines.
- Research new digital channels and tactics.
- Daily monitoring and engagement on social media to facilitate dialogue and monitor/respond to patient
- Manages contracting process, including requesting and executing contracts.
- Assists with the budget process, including but not limited to expense tracking, payment processing for contracts, and financial reconciliation.
- Assists the team with travel and expense reporting.
- Works with other coordinators within the Communications & Culture division and serves as a back-up as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 1-3 years of administrative / office experience.
- Experience with managing multiple calendars.
- Solid equity lens, including an understanding of how oppression impacts people’s ability to access their sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Experience with making travel arrangements.
- Passion for PPFA’s mission.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Extremely organized, with an ability to create order out of chaos.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Willingness to learn new software and management tools as needed.
- Ability to thrive in a deadline-driven environment.
- Keen attention to detail, strong work ethic, and a roll-up-your sleeves attitude.
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with heavy calendar management.
- Budget management experience.
- Invoice processing or accounts payable experience.
- Multilingual is a plus.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.