Project Manager, Healthcare Operations (2)
Health Care – Health Care Operations
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Project Manager. The Project Manager will report to the National Director, Health Care Operations, and support our work to expand access across the nation’s only national women’s health network. The Project Manager will work with diverse staff across the country to create and adhere to project plans to accomplish these goals. The Project Manager will track multiple project plans simultaneously, establishing realistic project plans and hold key personnel accountable to meeting milestones. These health care projects will require delineating both clinical and non-clinical elements of a successful implementation cycle. The Project Manager will work with a team of experts in market analysis, financial modeling, clinical workflow, medical care, revenue cycle, insurance contracting, evaluation and marketing. The Project Manager will be responsible for collaborating with all team members to ensure milestones are met.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the planning of complex project activities including day-to-day operational and tactical work.
- Identify and mitigate risks that can potentially impact the project, escalating risks appropriately and defining best practices for proactively managing them in the future.
- Build relationships and communicate frequently with key stakeholders, technical staff, and senior management.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle from project inception to implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of PPFA and work with others in a culturally competent way.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Project Management Professional Certification preferred or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience directly related to project management.
- Health care experience preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working within a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Excellent oral and written communication skill.
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems with potential solutions in a highly professional, confidential and sensitive manner.
- Excellent analytical skills with sharp attention to detail and the ability to meet critical deadlines.
- Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects.
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate amongst diverse communities and individuals.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Self-directed and can work alone or in a team.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep appreciation for the mission of PPFA.
- Have familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.