2020 Summer Intern-Direct Response
New York, NY
Development – Direct Response
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Direct Response Summer Intern to assist the Associate Director, Direct Response Fundraising with managing the direct response program for mail, telemarketing, and face-to-face campaigns. The candidate will be responsible for supporting the Direct Response Specialist and Direct Response Coordinator in daily operations including: processing invoices and documenting expenses, reviewing marketing materials and maintaining records, submitting legal documents for review and signature, and basic office management.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist with production and record keeping for Direct Response mail packages and telemarketing scripts.
- Assists with processing pay orders and maintaining accurate fiscal record for various professional fundraising vendors.
- Assists with general office management – scheduling meetings, maintaining agenda and meeting notes, office move logistics, etc.
- Opportunity to conduct research into Face to Face fundraising, recurring giving programs, donor cultivation, donor database conversion, or other Direct Marketing related subject matter.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Someone interested in or currently pursuing a degree in marketing or law a plus.
- Strong analytical and writing skills.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, initiative and resourcefulness.
- Strong skills with Microsoft, Google, and Salesforce platforms.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of projects.
- Ability to process large amounts of information into a clear and concise format.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Courteous, well spoken, articulate, and have excellent telephone skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Able to work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.