Associate Product Marketing Manager
New York, NY
Strategy – Digital Products Lab
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Associate Product Marketing Manager. The Associate Product Marketing Manager will report to the Senior Director, Digital Product Lab, and will work closely with content, designers, our analytics lead, senior stakeholders, and vendors to ensure an exceptional user experience. The ideal candidate will have a unique blend of user empathy, marketing and communications skills, strong writing and editorial skills, and a keen ability to jumpstart and lead projects to completion. This role is within Planned Parenthood’s Digital Product Lab, a small team dedicated to driving forward innovation within the organization’s national headquarters.
The Associate Product Marketing Manager will work across two products: Spot On, our period and birth control tracking app, and Roo, our recently launched sexual health chatbot. This candidate will help us with the alignment of the product-to-customer needs and also understand the positioning of our products against competitors. They will serve as a direct touchpoint between users and the product teams via user research, competitive analysis, customer support and social media, and will ensure that user feedback is prioritized in product development and in the tone of our marketing and messaging back to the user.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Routinely research the competitive landscape of our products, frequently debriefing the team and stakeholders on findings that would be relevant to the market growth and overall success of Spot On and Roo.
- Lead community management and support for Spot On and Roo, including responding to user requests and feedback received across email, iTunes App Store, Google Play Store, and social media channels to help iterate on our products’ positioning, features and overall experience.
- Work with Planned Parenthood social teams to proactively engage in social conversations about Spot On, birth control, periods, and period tracking to build visibility for the app and build goodwill between Spot On users and Planned Parenthood.
- Leverage qualitative and quantitative user feedback to create an ongoing evaluation loop for continuous product iteration and refinement, prioritizing reported bugs and feature requests within product backlog and gathering additional requirements when necessary.
- Work with our analytics team to collect, create, and display data for the product managers and design leads to later analyze on a weekly basis.
- Develop and build A/B test strategies to increase engagement and conversion.
- Write release notes, assist in maintaining and updating product requirement documents, and write out any internal instructions needed for staff to use our product.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams to create go-to-market strategies and deliver on holistic marketing campaigns, from media and communications, to grassroots organizing campaigns, to Planned Parenthood affiliates and health centers activations.
- Limited operational and administrative responsibilities including helping to manage distribution of collateral for health centers and users, coordinating user testing, and supporting Lab operations and budget.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree or relevant equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in social media marketing or management, community marketing or management, or other related digital experience.
- 1-2 years experience in gathering and cleaning up data to conduct qualitative and quantitative research.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Deep cultural competency, knowledge of youth market, and experience reaching diverse and underserved audiences.
- Familiarity with digital product development, human centered design and lean startup methodologies a plus.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Collaborative work style; able to facilitate conversation and collaboration amongst diverse communities and individuals and jump in whenever and wherever needed.
- Demonstrable dedication to innovation and experimentation in line with the goals of the Digital Product Lab; able to create clarity and understanding from ambiguity.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced and demanding environment; a nimble and flexible style; ability to self-motivate, solve complex problems and make quick decisions.
- Deep appreciation for mission of PPFA.
- Integrity, independent thinking, and personal courage.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.