2020 Summer Intern-Political
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks a 2020 Political Summer Intern to help further the goals of the organization. This position will provide operational and research support to the political team within the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns department at PPFA/PPAF.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide political research on candidates running for federal office, on issues related to reproductive health care, as well do media monitoring of breaking political news.
- Provide support to the Planned Parenthood Action Fund PAC Manager and Political Strategist on events and materials related to PPAF’s electoral program.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- A strong commitment to the mission of Planned Parenthood and for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Office properties, especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including personable and professional phone skills.
- Familiar with research techniques
- Must be an avid consumer of news and knowledge current events/political climate.
- A dependable work ethic.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Customer focused.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.