New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) Creative team seeks a dynamic and effective Video Editor that can provide creative and technical expertise to help ensure that Planned Parenthood Federation of America’s video content is on-brand, resonates with audiences and is of the highest quality. The Video Editor reports to the Director of Video and will manage and oversee video recording, audio recording, and editing of content.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proven experience as a strong video editor who can turn high-quality pieces around quickly.
- Maintain a steady flow of high quality content for web and social.
- Works closely with producers to shape and edit stories, carefully crafting cuts of content, and sharing out.
- Experience editing both short- and long-form content.
- Editorial experience in production and post-production process.
- Brainstorms and develop new and innovative ideas with the team, elevating the aesthetic quality.
- Stays abreast of developments in the field and innovative work by other organizations, and applies them to PPFA’s work.
- Supports organizing/archiving videos and related assets in collaboration with team.
- Juggles an often large volume of work effectively, balancing extremely tight turnaround projects with long-lead work and ensuring that projects are on track and that supervisor and other staff are regularly updated about the status of projects.
- Completes other projects and tasks (potentially a heavy volume) as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 5-7 years of directly related work experience and editing.
- 5 years experience working as an editor with showreel.
- Strong video editing skills and ability to turn videos around quickly.
- Strong production and storytelling experience.
- Proficiency in video editing software: Adobe Premiere Pro CC, After Effects.
- Knowledge of Audio Design & Color Grading.
- Knowledge and understanding of motion graphics.
- Creative thinker.
- Strong Storytelling abilities.
- Knowledge of different video formats and video file conversions.
- Knowledge of converting video files from multiple formats.
- Has online video publishing and file transfer expertise.
- Expert knowledge of video and audio production and post-production equipment.
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Experience and understanding of digital media world
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Organizational and communication skills.
- Very strong verbal and interpersonal skills, including the ability to clearly articulate reproductive health issues and advocacy issues.
- Commitment to quality, results, and superior performance.
- Must be able to plan projects on very tight deadlines, and must be able to turn around shooting and editing projects on very tight deadlines.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.