2020 Summer Intern-Video
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Brand & Culture Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 summer Video Intern who will join a fast paced team to assist in all the different video projects that will come in. The candidate must be a self starter, who is passionate about women’s health and reproductive rights, can think quick on their feet, problem solving skills and is eager to learn and quick to pick up new skills.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in all in-house production shoots (prep, production, post).
- Assist in coordinating shoots: prepping equipment, call sheets, talent releases, etc.
- Help organize & assemble footage.
- Assist with Motion Graphic videos.
- Studio & Gear organization.
- Assist on Server Video Archiving.
- Potential Travel involved for shoots.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months preferably in Video Production or Filmmaking.
- Required knowledge editing knowledge Premiere & After Effects.
- Required basic camera & lighting knowledge.
- Production experienced preferred.
- Excellent Organization and Communication Skills.
- Mac Proficient.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite Preferred.
- Interest in Digital Library Science (MLIS).
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.