Multiple locations /
Office of the Senior Vice President, Policy Campaigns & Advocacy (PCA) – Litigation & Law /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Public Policy Litigation & Law (PPL&L) Department of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) conducts impact litigation in state and federal courts across the country and has been lead or co-counsel in most of the major reproductive rights cases of the past 30 years. PPFA also provides strategic legal advice on legislation being considered in Congress and state legislatures and on regulatory issues at the national, state, and local levels.
PPFA is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens, and families. Our 49 locally governed affiliates operate more than 600 health centers, serving the diverse needs of each community. For over 100 years, we’ve worked tirelessly to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and guarantee that safe and legal abortion services are available to women who need them.
PPL&L seeks a dynamic and effective Staff Attorney. Please submit a cover letter expressing your interest and highlighting any relevant experience in PDF form when submitting your application.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reporting to one of the Senior Directors of PPL&L, the Staff Attorney’s primary responsibilities revolve around conducting significant and high visibility litigation on behalf of PPFA or Planned Parenthood affiliates. The Staff Attorney will also be engaged in work related to pending legislation and regulatory matters. The PPL&L staff is split between New York City and Washington, DC . Regardless of where the Staff Attorney locates, they would work extensively with the entire PPL&L team, as well as with other staff at PPFA.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Law degree.
- Outstanding credentials with at least 3–7 years of litigation experience, ideally involving constitutional law.
- Strong research and writing skills.
- Established interest in public interest work, reproductive rights issues, and/or impact litigation is a plus, but not mandatory.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with multi-cultural workforce, and sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
- Approximately $110–130,000, depending on experience.
- Nonprofit Organization - General
- Constitutional Law/First Amendment, Litigation, Non-Profit, Reproductive Rights
NUMBER OF LAWYERS
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer