Coordinator, Philanthropic Engagement
New York, NY
Development – Principal & Major Gifts
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
We seek to build meaningful, inclusive relationships with people who have been historically underrepresented in our base of supporters, particularly with individuals of color, inspiring them to become fully engaged investors and leaders in the mission — and future — of the organization. Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Coordinator, Philanthropic Engagement. Reporting to Director, Philanthropic Engagement, the Coordinator will help support the implementation of this new initiative, providing administrative, event and program support to the team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the execution of unique special engagement opportunities, including in-person events and conference calls, designed to cultivate and steward annual major gift donors and prospects to PPFA as part of a comprehensive donor engagement program.
- Assist in the creation of stewardship reports, correspondence, donor/prospect meeting briefings, and event briefings for the CEO, Host Committee Members and other Senior PPFA Staff.
- Work with the prospect research team to assist with research of donors and prospects as it relates to donor stewardship opportunities and engagement events.
- Record and maintain accurate information in donor database, including, but not limited to, updating donor specific data, tracking incoming event revenue, and running reports as appropriate in support of these activities.
- Partner with PMG Operations team to develop systems for tracking and reporting on donor interests, donor engagement opportunities, recognition societies and life-time giving levels, in order to support the Donor Relations and Stewardship Program.
- Assist in preparation of proposals, reports, correspondence, gift acknowledgements, donor/prospect meeting briefings, event briefings, and large-scale donor mailings. Assure materials are accurate and packaged in accordance with PPFA text regulations.
- Conduct research to gather background information on donors and prospects.
- Support the Director’s portfolio work by documenting all fundraising activity in database. Maintain accurate donor files – both paper and electronic including donor and revenue tracking spreadsheets and donor database management.
- Compose team meetings, agendas, minutes and follow-up.
- Reconcile team travel expenses on a timely basis.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree required along with 1-2 years professional experience.
- Events management experience required with donor program management preferred.
- Detail-oriented with exceptional attention to detail; ability to handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Demonstrated knowledge or strong interest in understanding the DEI landscape and its implications on fundraising.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and Google programs, specifically Excel.
- Experience with development and events software preferred such as Salesforce, Blackbaud, Raisers Edge or Eventbrite and willingness to learn more. Strong data management skills are key for success in this role.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Unflappable in the face of high stress situations.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Problem solver who is innovative and solution oriented.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer service skills a must.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.