Social Media Director
New York, NY
Communications & Culture – Digital Content & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Planned Parenthood Digital Content and Campaigns team carries out Planned Parenthood’s strategy to develop and promote content and campaigns across all Planned Parenthood digital platforms. The Digital Content and Campaigns team connects people with the online information, tools, and services they need to realize their fullest potential for themselves, their families and their communities so that together, we can educate, mobilize, and fight for a more equitable and just world.
Planned Parenthood is seeking a Social Media Director who can manage and oversee Planned Parenthood’s social media properties and work collaboratively with affiliates. The position requires an employee who can prioritize short and long term projects along with performing day to day responsibilities. The ideal candidate is creative, well organized, and a team player.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee development and execution of the social media strategy for Planned Parenthood.
- Serve as primary liaison between the national office and affiliates on a collaborative approach to the federation’s digital footprint across channels.
- Work with digital analyst to create reports for review and optimization of performance across channels.
- Collaborate across departments to implement and manage short term and long term social media campaigns that reflect strategic initiatives.
- Regular collaboration with national social media managers to strategize content.
- Keep updated on current trends and innovations in social media and social networking Convert metrics findings into ongoing. enhancement recommendations to social media strategy and tactics.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 6-8 years experience managing social media for a non-profit or brand.
- Extensive knowledge of social media platforms and best practices.
- Extensive experience developing social media plans for a variety of platforms, including but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Tumblr, YouTube, Snapchat, etc.
- Experience using social media insights and analytics tools such as Facebook insights and Twitter analytics.
- A track record of growing and sustaining an engaged social media following on at least one channel.
- Online campaign organizing skills.
- Experience developing, managing and executing rapid response campaigns, for political, news or health brands.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Strong writing skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong project and time management skills.
- Must be well organized, motivated, and detail-oriented.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Thrives working within a team environment.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce; sensitivity to and appreciation of cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.