Managing Director, Compliance & Procurement
New York, NY
Operations – Finance
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective and effective Managing Director for Compliance and Procurement. This job reports to the Chief Financial Officer in the Finance Department of PPFA. The Finance Department provides confidence to all stakeholders in the fiscal and fiduciary responsibility of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA), Planned Parenthood Action Fund and its subsidiaries, and Planned Parenthood Global (PP Global) (collectively the Organizations) with a commitment to customer service, sound controls, compliance monitoring, and timely, accurate, and complete reporting, analysis and decision support to further the Federation’s mission.
The Managing Director is responsible for enhancing collaboration between the Finance division and other departments and leading the day-to-day functions and activities related to procurement, financial systems management, departmental and organizational process improvements related to finance, policies and standards related to finance operations, project management, compliance monitoring and training to ensure a sound control environment supported by efficient and effective systems and processes. S/He will also assist and support senior Finance leaders in setting strategic goals and managing delivery on those goals and outcomes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides leadership to staff including but not limited to course direction, work prioritization and review, monitoring workloads and resolving issues.
- Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization.
- Ensures organization-wide procurement processes are streamlined and managed and policies and procedures are documented.
- Provides and supports tools and applications that support the procurement processes ○ Oversees compliance and staff training.
- Oversees and provides project management support for departmental and organizational finance-related projects.
- Manages the systems administration and support for all finance applications.
- Oversees vendor administration and management.
- Manages overall compliance oversight for the finance function.
- Maintains the finance risk register and action plan.
- Performs ad hoc reviews to ensure compliance with policies and procedures.
- Makes recommendations for improvements.
- Works closely with the organization’s vendors, and specifically, financial systems support partners internally.
- Service as a key strategic and business partner to the chief financial officer required.
- Special projects as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Accounting or related field. Advanced degree (MBA) or equivalent relevant experience strongly preferred.
- 8 years’ experience in compliance and procurement, at least six of which has been in leadership role of finance administration and operations.
- Experience in progressively serving in management roles in a complex, international not-for-profit preferred.
- Exposure to a federated structure with complex operations and procurement functions desired.
- Process and systems-oriented with proven process improvement accomplishments.
- Experience in developing and delivering training.
- Expert level of proficiency in procurement, finance and accounting systems, expert knowledge of principles, practices and techniques associated with procurement and accounting.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to determine application of established practices and procedures, able to tackle problems by using logical, systematic approaches as well as train and coach others in the skill.
- Skill that encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches, facilitates implementation and acceptance of change.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, spreadsheets, and databases; familiarity with Internet Systems.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Highest level of personal and professional integrity.
- A commitment to excellence, a service-orientation and demonstrated ability to work comfortably and communicate effectively at all levels to include at the Board level.
- Strong research skills and ability to source and identify information; ability to use information as an effective tool.
- Experience building strong, diverse teams as well as collaborative relationships both internal and external to the organization.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.