Standards of Excellence Data Analyst, Stronger Change Office
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Stronger Change Office /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 30 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C., who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in ways that are truly transformational, facilitating the innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future. The Stronger Change Office is a transformation and innovation office that serves Stronger and supports affiliates to see more patients, grow their business and reduce health care disparities.
One of the initiatives Stronger affiliates have identified as a high priority is the development of a set of financial, operational, and healthcare quality standards of excellence and the associated support to achieve them. Stronger seeks a Data Analyst to support the Standards of Excellence initiative and manage the effort to measure, track, and report these standards for affiliates using a variety of reporting systems. Situated within the Stronger Change Office (SCO) this position will report to the Standards of Excellence Transformation Lead (Assoc. Director).
The Data Analyst will carry out and communicate timely and relevant data analyses to inform the SCO’s strategic decision making. The primary functions of the Data Analyst, Standards of Excellence (SOE) are to:
● Conduct high-quality data analysis, including aggregating, analyzing, and interpreting data to inform the development of quality improvement and data interventions
● Work within a cross divisional team to develop and refine services for affiliates
● Provide consultative support to Planned Parenthood affiliates focused on strategic priorities related to data reports and quality improvement activities
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, and implement reports related to Standards of Excellence initiative.
- Generate dashboards and reports for Affiliates, Stronger Change Office and PPFA stakeholders on Standard of Excellence performance, improvements, and impact.
- Provide consultative support and training to affiliates seeking to optimize, improve, and transition their EHR and various financial and operational health reporting systems.
- Assist affiliates and partner with national office staff in providing reporting capacity to make and implement data-driven decisions about expanding access to care, improving health care quality, and increasing operational efficiency.
- Support affiliates seeking to disaggregate their clinical data to track outcomes by race, gender, and LGBTQ+ status to achieve health equity.
- In collaboration with the SOE Health Informatics Manager, develop data workflows, validation processes, , standardization and pipelines to optimize outputs and reports leveraging diverse data systems and software
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of Stronger and PPFA and work with others across geographies and socio-political contexts in a culturally competent way.
- Communicate results, insights, and implications of analyses, using a critical lens.
- Provide thought partnership to affiliate stakeholders on the use of data analytics and how it supports successful outcomes.
- Translate complex data into actionable insights and compelling storytelling to support decision making.
Requirements and Technical Expertise
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Experience developing and updating SQL script used in the extraction of data from various data sources including Electronic Health Record (EHR) systems
- Knowledgeable of various EHR systems
- Experience building dashboards and scorecards using Tableau
- At least 3 years of professional experience conducting strategic data analysis and delivering data reports into actionable insights.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office required.
- Experience with Asana/Smartsheet or other project management tools preferred.
- Experience working with demographic data and health equity initiatives preferred.
- Experience working with BI/AI software preferred
Personal Qualities and Other Attributes
- Conducts complex, error-free analyses.
- Effectively manages own work to ensure delivery of high-quality outputs.
- Succinctly communicates the results, insights, and implications of analyses.
- Strong task and project execution. Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects and demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Strong customer success orientation and skills.
- Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood mission.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team, including telecommuters across the U.S.
- Stronger is open to a telecommuter candidate for this position. The Analyst will be expected to spend 10-15% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders. If remote, the Analyst will be expected to spend some time traveling to PPFA’s headquarters. Please note: All travel will be on hold given the COVID-19 pandemic.
Starting Salary: 60k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer