Coordinator, Medical Services
New York, NY
Health Care – Medical Services
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective highly-organized, detail-oriented, and quick-thinking Coordinator reporting to the Manager of Medical Services. The Coordinator will provide administrative support to the Medical Services team and the Vice President for Healthcare Strategy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide administrative and logistical support.
- Monitor Medical Services departmental email accounts, gathering and assessing information coming from Planned Parenthood affiliates.
- Handle completion and submission of travel expense reimbursement reports and pay orders under the direction of the Manager of Medical Services.
- Support the planning, preparations, and on-site staffing for meetings and conferences as directed Provide meeting coordination; ensure logistics are covered for all meetings, webinars and conferences with internal and external groups.
- Take meeting minutes or provide transcription support for meetings, as needed.
- Organize and develop standard operating procedures (SOPs) and processes for the Medical Services Department. Serve as liaison and collaborate with project partners, internal colleagues and external partners.
- Draft reports, correspondence, guidance documents, healthcare delivery tools, forms, and other content in accordance with specified project plans; provide proofreading and editorial support as needed.
- Develop and send communications to team members, national office staff, affiliates, and external partners under the direction of the Medical Services Department staff.
- Manage the calendar of the Vice President, Healthcare Strategy and Senior Director of Medical Services; prioritize requests and coordination of multiple participant meetings.
- Coordinate interdepartmental requests for Medical Services staff expertise.
- Track deadlines and ensure that all requests for information and reports are submitted in a timely manner.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience of directly related administrative support.
- Outstanding communication skills (written and oral).
- Experience with detail-oriented assignments a plus.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with Google and Adobe products.
- Experience working in non-profit and/or highly matrixed environment preferred.
- Experience with project coordination a plus.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Knowledge of sexual and reproductive health a plus.
- Independent thinker.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to anticipate and prepare accordingly.
- Strong knowledge of general office management principles and procedures.
- Able to take direction and maintain a high level of organization.
- Exceptional organizational, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to effectively and efficiently handle multiple, simultaneous and complex tasks and initiatives. Ability to organize resources and establish priorities.
- Able to anticipate challenges and adapt in a fluid, fast-paced environment.
- Able to quickly implement course corrections when necessary.
- Collaborative work style. Ability to work with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse organization.
- The ability to see and understand the big picture and translate it into daily action list, work, outputs, and correspondence, with consistent and timely follow up.
- Exceptional customer service skills, sense of humor, and positive attitude are critical.
- Diplomatic style; high degree of emotional intelligence.
- Deep appreciation for mission of PPFA.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.