Associate Director, IT
New York, NY /
Office of the EVP & Chief Operating Officer (COO) – Information Technology /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) and Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) seeks an awesome and self motivated team player for an Associate Director, Information Technology with experience managing technology and
technology partners. . This job reports to the Director, Information Technology in the Information Technology division of PPFA.
- Responsible for all day to day operations of PPFA's IT network systems, infrastructure design, endpoint and access management, software and applications implementation and managing business relationships to merge IT with mission initiatives.. As a part of the IT team oversee numerous projects and work closely with outsourced vendor partners, PMO and Information Security teams to ensure timely and successful completion of projects and operational security.
- Maintain IT strategies, infrastructure and systems by managing our vendor partner relationships and day to day operations and service delivery for PPFA.
- Be a technology and thought leader by managing, training and mentoring two direct reports. One IT Specialist and one Technical Lead.
- Lead US and Global office build outs, network infrastructure circuits, and AV design.
- Build standards for Global offices to align with US policies and service delivery standards.
- Collaborate with the Information Security team to successfully implement and operationalize cybersecurity technology.
- Advise Affiliate IT leaders on recommended technology and programs to best maintain their independent IT network.
- Contribute to key decisions about PPFA network infrastructure and solutions architecture.
- Focus on constant operational improvement of all systems and processes with stakeholders and vendors.
- Oversight of business continuity and creating a highly available network.
- Integrate technology with business goals of PPFA and focus on successful business operations and collaboration with various departments with a wide array of needs and requirements.
- Lead the evaluation process of new partners, systems, applications, tools. Gain full knowledge and document our internal needs in order to define product/service requirements.
- Lead large and small scale IT projects and provide subject matter expertise for implementations.
- An ideal candidate is someone who is able to navigate our Federated model and disparate technology systems as well as a large number of National and Global office stakeholders and Affiliate IT leaders successfully.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
- Must have a minimum of 5 yrs experience managing technology systems and technology partners.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent experience.
- Ability to translate technology items to non-technical staff.
- Ability to train and mentor junior staff.
- Strong collaborative disposition and ability to gain consensus even without direct supervisory authority.
- Prefer to have strong skills in the Google Apps and AWS platform.
- Prefer to have some experience with some basic ITIL, Development Operations and PMP frameworks.
- Strong Network layer and Solutions Architecture skills and experience with Cisco and Palo Alto products.
- Knowledge of Information Security technology.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strongly prefer to have some NPO and/or Healthcare experience.
- As-Needed, approximately 10% to US and Global regions
Starting Salary: $120k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer