Coordinator, Public Policy & Government Affairs
New York, NY
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – State Policy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Government Relations division of Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Coordinator, Public Policy & Government Affairs. Reporting to the National Director, State Policy, the Coordinator will assist in the day-to-day work to impact the ever-changing state legislative landscape with the goal of supporting patients’ ability to access comprehensive reproductive health services. The Coordinator will provide administrative and project management support for the state legislative work of the Government Relations team. The Government Relations team develops and implements national and state strategies for improved public policy, including federal lobbying, federal administrative advocacy, state public policy initiatives, and support for affiliates.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducts basic policy research using databases, academic resources and the internet.
- Drafts and edits PowerPoint presentations, memos, meeting minutes, reports and other materials.
- Manages scheduling for the Director of State Policy and Advocacy and coordinates logistics for any meetings.
- Executes other administrative duties such as making travel arrangements, and managing Director’s overall budget and expenses.
- Maintains State Policy intranet page which houses webinars, presentations, fact sheets, and documents.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-2 years of directly related, progressively responsible program support experience.
- Strong computer skills including word processing, Google Chrome, database, spreadsheet and use of the internet.
- Basic understanding of reproductive health issues.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with multicultural workforce and sensitivity and appreciation of cultural differences.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, communication and customer service skills.
- Able to work independently, under pressure, prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.