Senior Director, Treasury Services
New York, NY
Operations – Finance
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective Senior Treasury Director. This job reports to the Chief Financial Officer/Senior Vice President (SVP) in the Finance & Accounting Department of PPFA. The F&A Department strategically manages the finance and accounting functions of the organization providing confidence to all stakeholders in the fiscal and fiduciary responsibility of Planned Parenthood Federation of America, Planned Parenthood Action Fund and its subsidiaries, and Planned Parenthood Global (National Office) with a commitment to customer service, sound controls, compliance monitoring, and timely, accurate, and complete reporting, analysis and decision support to further the Federation’s mission.
Purpose: The Senior Treasury Director in collaboration with the CFO determines the vision, strategy and operations of the treasury functions for the National Office. Operationally, the Senior Director ensures the efficient management, oversight and recording of the organization’s cash, including investing funds in appropriate vehicles for short and long term needs, providing analytical reports to enable informed management decision-making and managing relationships with various financial service vendors for optimum service and pricing. The position must ensure compliance with US tax law and international tax law in every country where PPFA operates. Compliance must also be maintained with the Office of Foreign Asset Control regulations and all other rules and regulations from all applicable authorities.
- The Senior Director demonstrates strong treasury and accounting knowledge as well as interpersonal skills and possesses extensive knowledge of treasury operations, accounting principles and 501(c)3 and 501(c)4 financial rules and regulations in order to guide the Treasury team in its day-to-day processing and reporting of transactions. The core deliverables for this role include but are not limited to:
- Finance Division Leadership
- Provides leadership to staff including but not limited to course direction, work prioritization and review, monitoring workloads and resolving issues.
- Provides leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization
- Treasury Strategy, Management and Oversight
- Design and build in partnership with SVP/CFO, the Finance division
- Responsible for analysis and preparation of materials for Investment Subcommittee meetings and ensures that the funds are being invested in accordance with decisions made by the Investment Subcommittee.
- Oversees and monitors of all National Office consolidated cash and investment accounts ensuring timely and accurate accounting for all cash and investment accounts, revenue and expense in investment accounts including unrealised gains and losses.
- Ownership and accountability for excess cash. Ensuring investments are made according to investment strategy.
- Leadership liaison to banks and investment brokers
- Performs stock trades and other non-cash gift sales
- Responsibility for credit and merchant account management
- Performs foreign exchange transfers to PP Global operations in 7 countries
- Oversees the cash receipts and payment functions
- Continuous Process Improvement
- Provides suggestions to improve efficiency and effectiveness of finance and accounting processes and systems while maintaining acceptable internal controls and fiscal integrity.
- Provides guidance on improving Treasury processes for cash and investment management.
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- In collaboration with the Controller, prepares quarterly and annual reports for each entity of the National Office (PPFA, Action Fund, and PP Global) and consolidated statement ensuring accuracy and timely delivery.
- Periodic and ad-hoc research, analysis and data reporting of National Office’s holdings
- Reviews and provides insights on charitable gift annuity state filings and Split-Interest Trust information returns.
- Special projects as needed.
- Externally: Works closely with the organization’s stock brokers, third party investment managers and advisors, banks and investment subcommittee members. Internally: Advises the National Office's senior management and Board of Directors on asset investment matters and provides timely and accurate management reports. This role works closely with senior leaders, development staff and financial operations staff throughout the organization.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in Finance or related field required. Advanced degree (MBA), CPA, or equivalent relevant experience strongly preferred.
- 8-10 years of Finance experience desired with a minimum of seven of which has been in treasury functions.
- Expert level of proficiency in finance and treasury systems.
- Expert knowledge of principles, practices and techniques associated with cash management, banking, and investment management.
- Advanced knowledge of Federal cash management systems and regulations.
- Advanced knowledge of fundraising and crediting systems.
- Experience in Foreign Exchange systems preferred.
- Experience in developing and delivering training.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to determine application of established practices and procedures, able to tackle problems by using logical, systematic approaches as well as train and coach others in the skill.
- Cash and investment accounting and reconciliation skills
- Skill that encourages others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches, facilitates implementation and acceptance of change.
- Strong research skills and ability to source and identify information; ability to use information as effective tool.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Word, Excel, spreadsheets, and databases; familiarity with Internet Systems.
- Experience in Treasury Desktop or other treasury management systems
- Experience with online global banking and management
- Minimal (2-3 times a year)
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program. We are an equal employment opportunity employer and are committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.