2020 Summer Intern-Digital Organizing
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
APPLICATIONS AND REFERRALS FOR THIS POSITION ARE CLOSED (January 22, 2019)
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 Digital Organizing intern in the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns (OEC) Department to help further the goals of the organization by working with members of the Digital Organizing Team.
Intern will have the opportunity to learn:
Foundational organizing skills at a national level, including goal planning and evaluating success within Digital Organizing Programs
Digital organizing tactics and strategies for scaling organizing programs
How to use digital tools for organizing campaigns and rallies including Hustle, ControlShit, and more.
How to develop training materials for volunteers and volunteer teams.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 14th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Under the supervision of the Digital Organizing Team staff, the Digital Organizing Intern will assist with the planning and execution of volunteer recruitment, training, and volunteer team development.
- Assisting in the development of digital organizing trainings, curriculum, and materials.
- Supporting staff in training affiliates in implementing digital organizing tools and tactics.
- Providing organizing and technical support to other organizing staff and affiliates.
- Taking a leadership role on special projects and perform administrative duties as assigned and required.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidate should be a current undergraduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Experience in community, campus, or political outreach, and organizing, preferred.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills.
- Digital tools and computer proficiency including Microsoft Office Suite, social media, and website management.
- Precise attention to detail.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.