Associate Director, Market Analysis Transformation Lead
Health Care – Health Care Strategy
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Stronger is a group of 31 Planned Parenthood affiliates, representing 30 states and Washington, D.C.,
who came together to focus on strengthening affiliates in a way that would be truly transformational
and facilitate innovation needed to build the Planned Parenthood of the future.
One of the initiatives the group of Stronger affiliates has identified as key to delivering and expanding
high-quality health care to our patients is designing and executing a market analytics strategy. The
market analytics team will utilize data to help affiliates make more informed business decisions, with the
goal of strengthening access to care, increasing health equity, and ensuring financial sustainability across
Stronger affiliates. Stronger seeks a Transformation Lead to lead the effort to deploy the market analysis
products and key supports to affiliates. The Transformation Lead will work under the direction of the
Stronger Change Office in partnership with the PPFA Data, Strategy, Analytics, and Governance (DSAG)
Specifically, the Stronger Change Office Transformation Lead’s primary functions are to:
a) Lead the design and execution of the Stronger market analysis strategy.
b) Support data analysis needs of Stronger Project Teams tied to market analysis, scenario
planning, and business development.
c) Work with Stronger Change Analysts to collect, analyze, and communicate data and insights.
d) Coordinate with data analysts and teams at the PPFA National Office and affiliates as required.
The Transformation Lead will work with diverse staff across the country to create and adhere to project
plans to accomplish these goals.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analytics & Insight Development:
- Experience and expertise in interpreting market data to generate insights and work with affiliate clients to drive decision making.
- Understand and have passion for gathering business requirements from affiliate stakeholders to drive analyses.
- Leverage software and analytic/technical tools, often in collaboration with other ancillary departments, such as Esri ArcGIS and Tableau.
- Collaborate with PPFA’s DSAG team, and other relevant Affiliate and National Office Teams to align methodology and ways of working for analysis and report generation processes.
- Monitor, analyze, and report process and outcome data to client affiliates as well as SCO leadership.
- Ensure that reporting needs of assigned projects are satisfied in an efficient and effective manner.
- Confident user of data analytics and tools, and drawing data-driven conclusions to direct project decision making.
- Project Management:
- Work with Stronger Change Office, PPFA’s DSAG team, and Affiliate staff to design and execute a health care market analysis strategy.
- Establish tools and processes to measure, track, and report transformation metrics for the Stronger Change Office and Stronger Project Initiatives.
- Support Stronger Change Office team in preparing progress reports and updates for communications to Stronger and PPFA stakeholders.
- Manage complex project activities including the day-to-day operational and tactical work.
- Identify and mitigate risks that can potentially impact the project, escalating risks appropriately and defining best practices for proactively managing them in the future.
- Build relationships with key stakeholders, technical staff, and senior management.
- Manage the entire project lifecycle from project inception to implementation and ongoing maintenance.
- Utilize online collaboration and project management software (such as Asana), as required.
- Manage analysts and/or data teams.
- Comfortable working with a distributed team, including telecommuters across the U.S.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of Stronger and PPFA and work with others across geographies and socio-political contexts in a culturally competent way.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years professional experience.
- Prior market analysis experience required.
- Prior project management experience required.
- Experience leading analytics/technical projects and/or analytic teams preferred.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint required. Experience with Tableau or similar business intelligence tool(s) and Asana/Smartsheet or other project management tools preferred.
- Proficiency with ArcGIS required.
- Knowledge of the current health care marketplace landscape preferred.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills.
- Experience working with a racial equity and gender equity lens to identify and counteract potential discrepancies based on those factors.
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Clear and compelling communicator (written, spoken, presentation).
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems with potential solutions in a highly professional, confidential, and sensitive manner.
- High emotional intelligence.
- Self-directed and can work alone or in a team.
- Enjoys operating in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborative work style. Able to work effectively with diverse stakeholders both internally and externally, remote and in-person.
- Able to handle multiple, concurrent projects. Demonstrated ability to work in a complex, fast-paced work environment.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; able to create clarity and understanding and field questions with minimal oversight.
- Strong customer service orientation and skills.
- Familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist.
- Strong commitment to Planned Parenthood mission.
- Stronger is open to a remote candidate for this position. Due to the need to engage stakeholders, the Transformation Lead will be expected to spend 25-40% of time traveling to meet with Stronger affiliates and other key stakeholders, which are located around the country.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.