Operations – Information Technology
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective DevOps Engineer who works under the supervision of the Director, Development Operations & Systems, the candidate will closely collaborate with internal and external vendor partner developers, information security, legal, and product stakeholders to ensure applications adhere to our Secure Software Development Life Cycle (SSDLC) procedures. The main operational duties include maintenance of the PPFA web server infrastructure, configuration management, stability and security of our server environment, continuous integration deployments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with Director, Development Operations & Systems to collaboratively.
- Perform ongoing operational duties.
- Configuration management.
- Perform and support frequent continuous integration dev, qa, uat and production deployments.
- Help maintain and improve our CI and CD pipelines.
- Perform code reviews.
- Ensure compliance with security standards that Application Development.
- Department follows by helping perform security audits and remediations on a weekly basis, or as new vulnerabilities are found, perform regular updates to server infrastructure during scheduled off hours maintenance windows.
- Help manage security access controls.
- Help maintain internal DNS, NTP, SMTP, SNMP, Logging services.
- Assist with updates to logging systems, ensure logs are being captured in the central logging repository.
- Help implement proactive security measures.
- Co-Develop and implement in house alternative solutions to expensive outsourced vendors.
- Document and develop server architecture diagrams on an ongoing basis.
- Provide cost effective server solutions (Cloud and Hardware).
- Proactively identify areas to drive automation and automate everyday tasks.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ of related experience.
- Experience using configuration management tools such as SaltStack.
- Experience using Jenkins, Travis, Github and other related continuous integration tools.
- Experience setting up Docker containers.
- Experience in Rancher, Kubernetes.
- Strong Unix/Linux System Administration skills.
- AWS Administration skills.
- Knowledge of web, proxy, load balancers and caching servers ( such as Memcached, Redis)
- PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Nginx, Haproxy, Git.
- Nessus, NexPose, Splunk, LogStash, Terraform.
- Knowledge of Python and Bash required.
- Knowledge of PHP, C and other languages like Ruby, or Perl a plus.
- Knowledge of cybersecurity standards.
- Strong problem solving skills are required.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- You are a compelling and clear communicator who networks well with your peers to understand their product and technology requirements while also representing your own.
- You are able to estimate work and meet deadlines.
- Experience working within a team environment.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce, and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.