2020 Summer Intern-PMG Frontline Fundraising
New York, NY
Development – Chief Development Office
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The application window closes on January 26, 2020.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a 2020 summer intern who will help with a number of projects across the department and work with Principal and Major Gift colleagues to play a vital role in helping to maintain effective systems for the team. The intern will report to the Specialist, Principal and Major Gifts.
The intern will work on projects across the Principal and Major Gifts department related to affiliate relations, donor identification, donor qualification, donor cultivation, donor solicitation and donor stewardship. The intern will support internal procedures to track donor engagement and will support ad hoc projects in support of the frontline fundraising team. The intern will be able to learn about the various fundraising streams vital to PPFA and our entities.
The program runs from June 1st 2020 to August 4th 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the preparation of proposals, reports, and correspondence. Assure materials are accurate and packaged in accordance with PPFA brand guidelines.
- Preparation and organization of materials for donor visits.
- Assist in re-organization of department and donor files and information.
- Assist in the creation of team business practices for tracking donor engagement and interactions.
- Use of the database to track donor engagement and interactions.
- General office administrative support as needed.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Candidates should be a current associate, undergraduate, or graduate student or should have completed studies within the last six months.
- Confidentiality and discretion is a must.
- Ability to work collaboratively and flexibly with a dynamic, fast-moving team under pressure of tight deadlines.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, projects, and priorities with poise, accuracy, and confidence, as well as a positive, can-do attitude.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to coordinate projects and keep them on track.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Strong writing skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and ideally, a relationship management database like Blackbaud CRM or Raisers Edge.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Embody PPFA's organization tagline – “Care. No matter what.” as it applies to how we treat our patients, our affiliates, and our co-workers.
- A strong commitment and understanding of the mission of Planned Parenthood and a passion for sexual and reproductive health and rights.
- Courteous, well-spoken, articulate, and professional.
- Exceptional attention to details.
- Excellent problem solving skills, initiative, and resourcefulness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
To be considered for this internship you must attach a current resume, cover letter stating your interest.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.