Associate Director, Affiliate Clinical Operations
Office of the Executive Vice President, Health Care (HCD) – Health Care Operations /
Full Time - Non-Union
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the national umbrella organization for the nation’s leading network of women’s health care providers, educators, and advocates, serving women, men, teens and families. Planned Parenthood Action Fund (PPAF) is the advocacy and political arm of PPFA. For over 100 years, Planned Parenthood has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
The Healthcare Division of PPFA has an opportunity for an Associate Director, Clinical Operations. The Associate Director provides consulting, technical assistance, training, and leadership to affiliates in the areas of operations, patient and staff experience, clinical productivity, staffing, practice management, customer service, medical management and financial analysis, and coordinates the efforts of other team members for engagements where they are the lead. The Associate Director will assist in the development of clinical operation improvement and implementation plans. In addition, the close partnership with affiliates in implementing these plans and metrics, and the development of tools, trainings and systems for affiliates to promote best practices in these clinical operations areas, working under the leadership of the Director and Senior Director.
The Associate Director will lead and serve as part of the teams offering consultative support to Planned Parenthood affiliates for any and all of the above areas. As part of any initiatives to increase access to sexual and reproductive health care, the Associate Director will lead and/or support programs designed to improve efficiency, reduce cycle times and improve patient and staff experience. This position will partner with other PPFA and external stakeholders, to integrate HCO programming with other initiatives, to achieve these objectives as well. In addition, they will support other HCO and HCD programs, such as the TCPC, OAS, telehealth, FAB, and other projects as needed.
PPFA is committed to building a staff team that reflects the diverse identities and experiences of our patients. People of color, people of all gender identities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides training, technical assistance and consulting to affiliates on all aspects of clinical operations, including best practices in patient flow, health center design, scheduling, staffing, customer service, and clinical care with a goal of achieving measurable performance improvements.
- Provide expertise and leadership to participating affiliates around sustainability planning, building programming, and operational improvements.
- Coordinates and partners with PPX to provide shared philosophy, language, and strategies regarding patient experience and employee engagement to affiliate partners.
- As assigned, attends conferences to further knowledge of industry standards and strategies regarding patient and employee engagement to further enhance HCO initiatives.
- Contributes to the development of tools to help affiliates monitor and analyze clinical operations costs, capacity, productivity and viability. Assists affiliates with producing standard management reports on a regular basis to include metrics that evaluate the clinical operations and efficiency.
- Works collaboratively with the staff of the other units in the Healthcare Operations Team in a way that supports the strategic and operational objectives of the department.
- Identifies best practices, both through internal and external learning and investigation, and translates these best practices to the team for incorporation into project work. Adjusts approaches to reach desired outcomes.
- Keeps current with the Accreditation Indicators and EOP's in order to help affiliates meet these standards and to be consistent with other departments at PPFA in guidance provided to affiliates.
- Keeps abreast of relevant medical and managed care issues and health care trends.
- Solves complex problems, often critical issues that affect the affiliates. Provides management with recommendations and strategies to enact change.
- Carries out other assignments or special projects as assigned and required.
- Promote diversity, equity, and inclusion as core values of PPFA and work with others in a culturally competent way
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required. MBA, MPA or MPH preferred in addition to professional training in business administration, public health or health care operations.
- A minimum of 8 to 10 years' experience; preferably related to healthcare consulting, healthcare operations or related clinical management services.
- Have familiarity and experience working with the diverse communities Planned Parenthood serves, including an appreciation for the assets of each community and understanding of the institutional barriers to health care that currently exist
PERSONAL QUALITIES / OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Demonstrable skills in change management, facilitation and coaching, analytic thinking and problem solving.
- Strong project management and business analysis skills.
- Sophisticated knowledge of medical practice management, quality assurance and customer service.
- Ability to recognize and respond to problems with potential solutions and possible negotiations in a highly professional, confidential and sensitive manner.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, problem solving and negotiation skills required.
- Excellent skills in writing, public speaking, training, financial analysis, operation analysis and metrics development.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
- Self-motivator with ability to control own schedule and an independent decision maker when needed.
- Unflappable in times of crisis and high stress.
- Ability to function effectively as a team player.
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment.
- Gravitas paired with professional integrity and ambition to effectively represent and promote PPFA externally at the highest levels.
- A zest for the mission of PPFA and the role of health provision and advocacy that translates to an unflinching commitment to exceptional work products.
- Knowledge of diverse groups, working with a multicultural workforce and sensitivity and appreciation to cultural differences is required.
- Willingness and ability to travel 25-50% of the time, as needed, throughout the United States.
Starting Salary: 95k
Final offers for this job will be based on capabilities and will be made within the parameters of the PPFA compensation program. Total offer package to include generous vacation + sick leave + paid holidays, individual/family provided medical, dental and vision benefits effective day 1, life insurance, short/long term disability, paid family leave and 401k. We also offer voluntary opt in for Flexible Spending Account (FSA) and Transportation/Commuter accounts.
We value a truly diverse workforce and a culture of inclusivity and belonging. Our goal is to attract qualified candidates and encourage applications from all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We're committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
PPFA participates in the E-Verify program and is an Equal Opportunity Employer