National Director, Campaigns
Policy, Campaigns & Advocacy – Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) is the nation’s leading women’s health care provider, educator, and advocate, serving women, men, teens and families. For over 100 years, PPFA has done more than any other organization in the United States to improve women’s health and safety, prevent unintended pregnancies, and advance the right and ability of individuals and families to make informed and responsible health care decisions.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America (PPFA) seeks a dynamic and effective National Director, Campaigns. Reporting to the Vice President of Organizing, Engagement & Campaigns, the National Campaigns Director is responsible for leading the Action Fund, Super PAC and partnering with affiliate political committees in their electoral strategies, state legislative campaigns and federal legislative campaigns. This position will work closely with the Office of the President, Office of the General Council and Government Relations Department to provide strategic guidance and stay in compliance with Federal and State law. The successful candidate will be a seasoned issue and electoral campaign director, skilled at managing a diverse team across the country and managing multiple programs and budgets.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as a senior member of the Organizing and Electoral Campaigns Department and Policy, Campaigns and Advocacy Division, leading in developing key federal and state strategies for the division and organization.
- Work closely with the Policy, Campaigns and Advocacy senior leadership, the Office of the President and the PPAF Board of Directors to execute the national strategic plan for building political power through all electoral and political activities, and organizes opportunities to advance PPAF policy positions, activities and accomplishments among DC political leadership.
- Manage the Campaign team with Regional Campaign Directors, Managers and the Constituency Organizing team to work with affiliates and their c4s to execute on strategic power building goals and expand access to health care in states through issue campaigns.
- Leads the strategy and execution of independent expenditure electoral work including Planned Parenthood Votes tactics and partnerships with local c4s and PACs.
- Works with the Development Department to raise political money for PPFA, PPAF and Votes programs and for electoral activities.
- Serves as a public face for PPAF campaign work and frequently speaks at fundraisers, donor meetings, campaign events, and other public forums.
- Prepares briefings and provides strategic guidance for the Office of the President, Policy, Campaigns and Advocacy Senior Leaders and other internal and external stakeholders.
REQUIREMENTS / TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
- 8-10 years leadership/management experience in issue and political campaigns, electoral work, and organizing. Experience as a grassroots organizer; adept at consulting, advising, and training others to increase grassroots activities and strategies.
- Extensive experience with innovative, fast-paced, data-driven campaigns and organizing.
- Commitment and track record of advancing racial equity and a fluency of racial equity and ability to promote it through the work.
- Demonstrated track record of setting clear priorities and success in driving a strong, results-oriented progressive agenda that ties back to PPFA and the Action Fund’s long-term goals and strategies.
- Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to lead complex teams.
- Strong commitment to and understanding of diversity, equity, and inclusion and the intersection with health and social justice.
- A proven track record of building strong relationships with multiple stakeholders based on effective interpersonal skills.
- Experience successfully managing multi-million dollar budgets and a proven track record of financial stewardship.
PERSONAL QUALITIES /OTHER ATTRIBUTES
- Must be able to motivate staff as well as teammates and colleagues who are not directly accountable to you.
- Ability to identify priorities, work independently and develop tactics for addressing issues or requests and extensive knowledge of public policies at the state and federal level.
- Ability to work independently with good judgment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and ability to learn and execute quickly.
- Available in off-hours for rapid response and crisis communications.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America is an equal employment opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Planned Parenthood is committed to creating a dynamic work environment that values diversity and inclusion, respect and integrity, customer focus, and innovation.
Planned Parenthood Federation of America participates in the E-Verify program.